5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want parking/driving lights only while driving at night

Freedomfrom

Reaction score
I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 Offroad. I drive through the Christmas holiday light displays night time. I want only the parking/driving lights (no headlights) on while driving at night.
The organizer and especially the person driving ahead of me do not want me to have my headlights on. I have not found a way to do this.
As soon as I put the truck in gear it automatically goes from parking lights/daylight running light to regular headlights.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 Offroad. I drive through the Christmas holiday light displays night time. I want only the parking/driving lights (no headlights) on while driving at night.
The organizer and especially the person driving ahead of me do not want me to have my headlights on. I have not found a way to do this.
As soon as I put the truck in gear it automatically goes from parking lights/daylight running light to regular headlights.
do you have the settings in "auto"?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Rotate your headlight knob counterclockwise to the 0 position. That will turn them off.

Freedomfrom

Reaction score
Rotate your headlight knob counterclockwise to the 0 position. That will turn them off.
when set to 0 position the park lights only are on but as soon as shift into another gear the headlights come on.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ what they said. The DRL is the headlights running at 50%. Turn that off in the Uconnect settings.

If you have a Canadian truck however, there is no DRL setting to turn off (DRL is mandatory by law) so you'd need AlfaOBD or a Tazer to turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread