5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use a leaf blower on the Ram

Bob.

Reaction score
After I wash it, I use a hand held blower and blow off the extra water droplets on the truck, rims and grill before I hand dry it with a few towels. The grill is the most annoying as it collects water that you can't dry with a towel, which just drips down over the bumper after the truck is "clean" and parked. The blower fixes that quickly.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
57250827-8863-4DCB-8E22-38DF2E198E6E.jpeg
I use this 18V - 160 MPH, after car wash water rinse. What sold me was the rubber nozzle.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most do sell detailing blowers. The ones meant for cars have filters on them so they don’t get anything sucked into them and blown at your vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The specilty blowers are a bunch more money than the $50 I paid on sale @ Northern Tool.

Cajun_

Reaction score
The rag company makes a great microfiber drying towel. I use the biggest one they have for the top half of the truck and I switch to a smaller one for the bottom half so I don't have to worry about touching the ground with it. Let's me reach all the way across the roof by flinging it up there and pulling it back to me. It takes no time at all to dry the truck now.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I use my small portable leaf blower specifically for the grill as well, along with the side mirrors and other areas water can hide. I wished I had an DI or RO filter system in-line with a pressure washer, do a final rinse in DI or RO water will mean you don't have to actually wipe down the vehicle, your truck will just dry on its own without water spots.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I use my small portable leaf blower specifically for the grill as well, along with the side mirrors and other areas water can hide. I wished I had an DI or RO filter system in-line with a pressure washer, do a final rinse in DI or RO water will mean you don't have to actually wipe down the vehicle, your truck will just dry on its own without water spots.

while Adams makes one thats $350 and actually does a great job. This is 30 bucks and lasts a few washes and does an OK job and I would still recommend drying the vehicle this helps incase you miss a spot.

Bob.

Reaction score
I also use my leaf blower when I’m home. If I wash at the car wash jumping on the hwy at 100mph does a great job too 😁
Possibly cheaper getting an Adams air canon than paying a speeding ticket! I done the 100mph blow dry too.... LOL

Cda3488

Reaction score
After I wash it, I use a hand held blower and blow off the extra water droplets on the truck, rims and grill before I hand dry it with a few towels. The grill is the most annoying as it collects water that you can't dry with a towel, which just drips down over the bumper after the truck is "clean" and parked. The blower fixes that quickly.
I’m a part time professional detailer and I do the same thing. It’s a must in my arsenal.

Cda3488

Reaction score
I have the adams water deionizer and I actually use it for the whole wash and rinse. It does a fantastic job on my black truck.

Jako

Reaction score
My neighbors looked at me weird when I started doing that 19 years ago. 🙃
Do the neighbors wash their cars? Seems to have gone the way of people cutting their lawns.
Don't recall when I started using the blower but I know I started on my motorcycles and carried over to the vehicles. I've recently picked up a backpack blower but it proves a little bulky and less mobile, purchased a 20 volt Dewalt and have not received it yet. The lower decibel rating and fumes will be nice.

german88

Reaction score
I've been using the leaf blower for a few years but always finish with my compressor. I find it's the only way to get the sport hood collection points dry.

Bob.

Reaction score

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I have a water deionizer no need to dry at all. I use it just for the final rinse then walk away zero water spots. I use to use my blower but that still tool at least 20 minutes to dry it off.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I use the leaf blower function from my shop vac on my Harley when I give it a bath. The truck is a truck. It gets the carwash and then I drive down the highway to dry it.

Jako

Reaction score
I use the leaf blower function from my shop vac on my Harley when I give it a bath. The truck is a truck. It gets the carwash and then I drive down the highway to dry it.
My 2001 Dodge SLT is a "truck". Someday, maybe, the 2019 truck will be my "truck". Prices, comfort and configuration has put today's "truck" in another category, particularly the price. I've used it for concrete, gravel, dirt and lumber but not like the 2001. The lifetime warranty also has me "married" to it as in till death do we part so I'll keep the "wife" as pretty as I can and as long as I can. TLC keeps the spark alive.

Users who are viewing this thread