5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I parked by a new Bronco today

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It was the first time I'd really gotten a good look up close. To me it looked like a Scion xB or a Ford Edge, with the fenders hogged out and some oversize tires.

2010_Ford_Flex_Limited_1_--_11-25-2009.jpg

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got in one at work to check it out. No room inside for me, too small, I kept banging my arms and elbows on everything, had to sit with them close to my body. The door was wobbly, and felt cheap. I am average size, 5'11", and I wouldn't buy one.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The Bronco Sport is just a gussied up car, but from what I've seen in test, it's not terrible off-road for a car-based crossover.

The full size Bronco based on the T6 Ranger platform however is the real deal, it's right up there with the best off-roaders available. But unless you ordered one early and only had to pay sticker, you are looking at $20K or more tacked on to the MSRP.

I'm partial to the 2-door version ....

ford-bronco-2021-37.jpg

However here is a 4-door in the same blue for comparison....

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Bronco Sport is just a gussied up car, but from what I've seen in test, it's not terrible off-road for a car-based crossover.

The full size Bronco based on the T6 Ranger platform however is the real deal, it's right up there with the best off-roaders available. But unless you ordered one early and only had to pay sticker, you are looking at $20K or more tacked on to the MSRP.
Maybe it’s just me, but I found it really strange that they released the “Sport” first. Seeing how small those are turned me off to the Bronco idea. I recently saw a brand new “real” Bronco on 37s, and it looked like serious Jeep competition.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I found it really strange that they released the “Sport” first. Seeing how small those are turned me off to the Bronco idea. I recently saw a brand new “real” Bronco on 37s, and it looked like serious Jeep competition.

Yeah, seems weird, but even weirder with the Bronco name, preferred they didn't dilute it like that, but hey, sells better than calling it another version of the Ford Escape :)

The new Bronco is pretty impressive, it has lockers front & rear, sway bar disconnected that can be disconnected in tension, single pedal throttle/brake, assisted turning (locks a rear wheel to help shorten turning off-road, 35" mud-terrain tires & factory lift, and probably a few more things I'm forgetting. Factor in the powerhouse of the 2.7L Ecoboost and you got a really impressive rig.

I think TFL has tested their Bronco completely stock against fully build Wranglers with $30K - $40K up in upgrades and it kept up with them. Stock for stock, I think the Bronco wins most of the comparisons I've seen.

Jako

Reaction score
I was told
Yeah, seems weird, but even weirder with the Bronco name, preferred they didn't dilute it like that, but hey, sells better than calling it another version of the Ford Escape :)

The new Bronco is pretty impressive, it has lockers front & rear, sway bar disconnected that can be disconnected in tension, single pedal throttle/brake, assisted turning (locks a rear wheel to help shorten turning off-road, 35" mud-terrain tires & factory lift, and probably a few more things I'm forgetting. Factor in the powerhouse of the 2.7L Ecoboost and you got a really impressive rig.

I think TFL has tested their Bronco completely stock against fully build Wranglers with $30K - $40K up in upgrades and it kept up with them. Stock for stock, I think the Bronco wins most of the comparisons I've seen.
I was told MSRP + 10K at Ford dealership on Staten Island, NY for the Bronco. Person had purchased (previously ordered) a Maverick which is a "truck wannabe" like the Ridgeline. I believe from the conversation some "comfort amenities" are not available in the Bronco which led him to the Maverick (alonf with cost I'm sure).

What happens if it was stolen the next day? Insurance? Gap insurance?

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I like the Bronco 'Sport' you pictured better than say an Escape, it's not something I would buy.

Now the Bronco, I'd buy in a heartbeat.. but it's nowhere near big enough, nor capable enough for what I need.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I was told

I was told MSRP + 10K at Ford dealership on Staten Island, NY for the Bronco. Person had purchased (previously ordered) a Maverick which is a "truck wannabe" like the Ridgeline. I believe from the conversation some "comfort amenities" are not available in the Bronco which led him to the Maverick (alonf with cost I'm sure).

What happens if it was stolen the next day? Insurance? Gap insurance?

That's not a bad price if I'm honest, but rather wait a couple of years for it to drop down to at least MSRP. Yup, GAP insurance will cover whatever you paid, even if you finance over MSRP. Also for those folks that roll-in the negative equity from their previous car to a new one it will also cover.

GAP insurance is also partially refundable if you cancel it before the term, say for example you reach value equity (what you owe vs what it's worth) or sell the vehicle, refund will be prorated for the months you used and sent directly to the loan company.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, GAP insurance will cover whatever you paid, even if you finance over MSRP. Also for those folks that roll-in the negative equity from their previous car to a new one it will also cover.
That or put down $20K! As for rolling in negative equity...I'll stop short of sharing any personal financial goal management links :)

SD Rebel

Reaction score
That or put down $20K! As for rolling in negative equity...I'll stop short of sharing any personal financial goal management links :)

Absolutely! But you know people these days.

Or you can do what I did and wait until the 3rd quarter sales and get 25% off MSRP. I had zero down and no trade-in and yet was still in the black the day after I bought my truck :)

Though it may be another 2-3 years before we can do that again in this market.

yup ram

Reaction score
Not that I was ever considering buying one but I honestly felt duped when i saw that tiny thing on the street. Like the pre-production photos made it look bigger than it actually was. Didn't know they'd eventually release one worth while at some point. I have yet to see a full sized one in person.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I was ever considering buying one but I honestly felt duped when i saw that tiny thing on the street. Like the pre-production photos made it look bigger than it actually was. Didn't know they'd eventually release one worth while at some point. I have yet to see a full sized one in person.
You’ll immediately think, “Okay - now I get it.”

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got in one at work to check it out. No room inside for me, too small, I kept banging my arms and elbows on everything, had to sit with them close to my body. The door was wobbly, and felt cheap. I am average size, 5'11", and I wouldn't buy one.
my wife has a Wrangler, and that is how I feel about driving it! Front passenger is a little better, and rear seats has decent room.... one ride in it makes me really appreciate the RAM!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1995 Bronco. My favorite body style.

View attachment 114045
My next door neighbor has 4 of these (around this year) all used and pretty beat up sitting in his driveway. Says he wants to "Frankenstein one bad@$$ ultimate Bronco out of all these sh***y ones" lol. Been at it for like 4 years 🤭

edit: That is a gorgeous vehicle btw, I tend to not like the more boxy style of the 90's but it looks great on that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread