5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my 12 inch screen....But

syddog 2000

Reaction score
As the title says I love it and I understand that this is a work in progress, now the but, I am getting real tired of my IPhone doing the connect, disconnect,reconnect thing. It happens about every fourth time I get in and start the truck. My wife has got to the point where she will rip the cord off the phone and put it on bluetooth, which operates flawless. I like using apple carplay to me the sound quality is much better I also like the apps. But I have to agree with my wife this is really getting old.. FCA if you are listening we need an over the air update to fix this issue!!!! It is ashame that we can't fully enjoy this beautiful option.

Hunts99

Reaction score
From what I have heard, is more than just the 12" that has Car Play issues. Coworker has a Big Horn level 1 and is having Car Play issues too.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried your wife’s phone to see if it has the similar issue? My sons phone has this problem too with just charging. Appears his lightning port is getting worn.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Zero issues with Android Auto... perhaps an issue with IOS not working well with the Unconnect?

DeanKing

Reaction score
Zero issues with CarPlay on the latest iOS, so I doubt that’s the problem.
I am also having no problems with a new truck and ios12. Have you checked to see if perhaps the usb or cable is cutting out? Check to see if the charging indicator goes away. My biggest issue is the strangeness on how CarPlay navigation and Uconnect navigation compete. It’s messy.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have tried a brand new apple cable no change. I am running the latest update also. Others have not had this issue??
Have you tried your wife’s phone to see if it has the similar issue? My sons phone has this problem too with just charging. Appears his lightning port is getting worn.
This maybe worth a try^ Thanks

RT70808

Reaction score
The only connect/disconnect CarPlay issue I’ve experienced was self induced when I was charging a portable battery bank via usb c, then plugged in my iPhone lighting to usb c. It seemed the phone and battery bank were fighting each other for power.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Connect / disconnect... is a typical worn lightning port / plug issue... the original apple cables aren’t the best either so you still might want to try a different cable...

Users who are viewing this thread