5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I left Toyota for RAM

o2cmefly

Reaction score
Greetings all! I’ve had my new RAM for about 3 weeks now, and LOVE it! After an ‘04 Dakota, 2 Tacomas, and 2 Tundras, I’m back to Mopar. Got me a sweet 2019 Limited with all the goodies. Love to meet up, so if you’re in the Harrisonburg, VA area, hit me up. 19040

Gmolah

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums, I grew up in Waynesboro, and live in Richmond now, I come over the Mountain at least once a month, I got a classic 4th gen mainly not sure I like the front of the 5th gens, and the price was crazy good. If I am ever up in Hbrug I will give you a PM..

SRRouse

Reaction score
I also came over from a Tundra, a 2015 1794 edition.
I’m very pleased with my Ram, but there are few things from the Tundra I miss:
The Tundra would allow your favorites to be a mix of AM, FM and Sirius.
The AM/FM radio had a DVR like record buffer that would allow you to pause, rewind and fast-forward through the last 20 minutes or so of the current station.
The Tundra started a timer every time you started the truck.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Greetings all! I’ve had my new RAM for about 3 weeks now, and LOVE it! After an ‘04 Dakota, 2 Tacomas, and 2 Tundras, I’m back to Mopar. Got me a sweet 2019 Limited with all the goodies. Love to meet up, so if you’re in the Harrisonburg, VA area, hit me up. View attachment 19040
Nice ride! These trucks nailed the fun factor!!! Get the Maganflow catback and Pulsar for your first performance upgrades!

Trfnj74

Reaction score
The AM/FM radio had a DVR like record buffer that would allow you to pause, rewind and fast-forward through the last 20 minutes or so of the current station.

That's right I do miss the time as well and I actually was looking for it when I got my truck.... It was nice to see when you turned off the vehicle how long your trip (Time) was as well as mileage!

o2cmefly

Reaction score

The only things I miss from the Tundra are the rear window that rolled all the way down (the whole window, not just a small square hole), and the power-tilt steering wheel.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
The only things I miss from the Tundra are the rear window that rolled all the way down (the whole window, not just a small square hole), and the power-tilt steering wheel.
Yeah when I was looking at trucks that was the one thing I was really wishing the Ram had.... the whole rear window able to roll up/down.

slimchance

Reaction score
2009 i traded my 2005 Dodge 2500 HD with 138,000 miles on our first of many Tundra TRDs mainly because i could not find an honest Dodge dealer around here ... loved the Tundras ... never had ANY problems, but was an outcast with our Chrysler family ... now my wife and i have traded out TRDs for RAMs ... they surely are nice trucks, and i hope i can find a Ram dealer that is honest

Users who are viewing this thread