5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i feel like i have cheated.....

LamboMitch

Reaction score
whats up everyone. so with a heavy heart i have crossed over to a ram guy. while i still own a bunch of fords and have been a die hard ford guy , when it came to looking for a new truck it was difficult to overlook the new ram. i tried my hardest to hate it. drove it and it became really hard to... after driving my friends i started to see what all the hype was about. for starters it has way more interior room. the biggest thing is the versatile storage. the center console all the pockets etc was so incredibly useful. the only thing i don't get is why there is so many cup holders but hey... Once i started to look at how far the money went between the trucks i pretty much went back and forth between a roush truck and a laramie. The more i compared the more the ram came out on top. looks between the two models were close. if you compared the looks , drive train, mpg etc they are really close. next came the value and well the ram beat it for the price. bought it end of the year and ended up with a night edition loaded with everything. basically a limited minus wheels, and rear vented seats... everything else almost the same. and honestly the night edition looked better than the limited. (i can't get over the weird pinstripe in the limited... deal breaker for me) I've had the truck for two months now and i must say i have zero regrets. i wouldn't mind getting some better mpg and gas is crazy out here. originally i wanted to find a truck with the 3:21 gears but this truck had the 3:55 gears and while i like the torque i have other cars to hot rod around in. it would be cool if there was a way to add some better mpg but not sure if its worth the hassle. I have found it interesting just how many guys have switched over. also any other ca guys experiment with different octane. i have been reading about it in other posts and our gas out here sucks. i've tried all 3 levels and it doesn't seem to vary much. i have the e torque and driving normal i barely creep past 15 in the city. with auto stop etc all that turned on seems like even driving like a grandma doesn't get me much past it... anyways great group of guys on here so far! looking forward to chatting more!

derp

Reaction score
If you feel like you cheated by switching to an FCA product I am sure the table will turn once you have to deal with FCA warranty repair. Literally the worst customer care I have ever had. Love the truck, will drive it into the pacific before I take it back to my last 2 FCA service centers.

LamboMitch

Reaction score
If you feel like you cheated by switching to an FCA product I am sure the table will turn once you have to deal with FCA warranty repair. Literally the worst customer care I have ever had. Love the truck, will drive it into the pacific before I take it back to my last 2 FCA service centers.
yeah fortunately its been ok so far. i don't think there is anyone who is super pumped on warrantying anything. being in the automotive industry you either have the manufacturer being cheap or the service writers trying to make it up somewhere since warranty work doesn't pay well. it definitely helps when you go into the dealer knowing whats wrong or how it works. half the time they don't spend the time to figure it out. i had an issue with my u connect and i figured out the solution and told them what to do. they still looked at me crazy like how did i know what to do but once you find a writer that will just listen it makes life a little easier.

2020blckout

Reaction score
whats up everyone. so with a heavy heart i have crossed over to a ram guy. while i still own a bunch of fords and have been a die hard ford guy , when it came to looking for a new truck it was difficult to overlook the new ram. i tried my hardest to hate it. drove it and it became really hard to... after driving my friends i started to see what all the hype was about. for starters it has way more interior room. the biggest thing is the versatile storage. the center console all the pockets etc was so incredibly useful. the only thing i don't get is why there is so many cup holders but hey... Once i started to look at how far the money went between the trucks i pretty much went back and forth between a roush truck and a laramie. The more i compared the more the ram came out on top. looks between the two models were close. if you compared the looks , drive train, mpg etc they are really close. next came the value and well the ram beat it for the price. bought it end of the year and ended up with a night edition loaded with everything. basically a limited minus wheels, and rear vented seats... everything else almost the same. and honestly the night edition looked better than the limited. (i can't get over the weird pinstripe in the limited... deal breaker for me) I've had the truck for two months now and i must say i have zero regrets. i wouldn't mind getting some better mpg and gas is crazy out here. originally i wanted to find a truck with the 3:21 gears but this truck had the 3:55 gears and while i like the torque i have other cars to hot rod around in. it would be cool if there was a way to add some better mpg but not sure if its worth the hassle. I have found it interesting just how many guys have switched over. also any other ca guys experiment with different octane. i have been reading about it in other posts and our gas out here sucks. i've tried all 3 levels and it doesn't seem to vary much. i have the e torque and driving normal i barely creep past 15 in the city. with auto stop etc all that turned on seems like even driving like a grandma doesn't get me much past it... anyways great group of guys on here so far! looking forward to chatting more!
Why would you even think on the 3:21 gears?
I have 3:92 and I’m super happpy!!

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Had a 95 f150 and traded in my 2010 f150 on the Ram. I have a garage full of ford truck signs and I feel like I am cheating every time I walk through my garage and look over at my collection of ford stuff, but I have no regrets(not yet anyway) once I drive away in the ram. I will hopefully have an f100 in my garage one day and maybe then my affair will at least be offset.

LamboMitch

Reaction score
Why would you even think on the 3:21 gears?
I have 3:92 and I’m super happpy!!
honestly i drive the highway and all over alot. maybe 25% i'm actually towing something heavy or have a heavy enough payload. don't get me wrong i love the bigger gears but frequent trips to the gas station makes me ponder it at the very least....

2020blckout

Reaction score
honestly i drive the highway and all over alot. maybe 25% i'm actually towing something heavy or have a heavy enough payload. don't get me wrong i love the bigger gears but frequent trips to the gas station makes me ponder it at the very least....
Well my budy have the 2020 with the small gear ratio and the mpg difference is about 1 mpg to be honest is not big deal you are in the middle and I’m pretty sure your truck would get better mpg
My ram have 2 k miles and mpg seems to get better even that I have the 3;92

LamboMitch

Reaction score
Well my budy have the 2020 with the small gear ratio and the mpg difference is about 1 mpg to be honest is not big deal you are in the middle and I’m pretty sure your truck would get better mpg
My ram have 2 k miles and mpg seems to get better even that I have the 3;92

really good to know thanks yeah the posted mpg of the 3:21 is so much better closer to 4 or 5 mpg better. i have the e torque and barely squeezing 15mpg and i have 3k miles...

2020blckout

Reaction score
really good to know thanks yeah the posted mpg of the 3:21 is so much better closer to 4 or 5 mpg better. i have the e torque and barely squeezing 15mpg and i have 3k miles...
Don’t worry it’s getting better My dads truck have have 6k miles and he’s getting continuous 18 mpg mix and 21 hwy
About 16 city
Same with the 3:92 so I’m positive yours is going to get better mpg

Users who are viewing this thread