5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyper Flashing in side mirror turn signal lights

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
Good afternoon. Here is my problem today. I have installed switch backs with the load resistors. I also have LED turn signal bulbs for the back with load resistors. Here is the issue, Now the turn signal lights in the mirrors are not hyper flashing. The new switch backs and rear bulbs are flashing at a normal speed. I would either like to change the mirror bulbs to LED or do I have to install load resistors for the mirror bulbs. If that's the case, does anyone have a wiring diagram that I could look at.

Thanks
Stephen

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you install, First try without any resistors and if you get hyper flashing, then you install them.
Do you have a TazerDT? you can change the bulb type there. and you can also do that with AlphaOBD

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
I don’t have a tazerDT. I did try a before and after with the resistor. The switchbacks work fine with the resistor and hyper flashed without. I almost seems like I need to put and led bulbs in the mirror lights with a resistor?!? Cause when I start the truck it says the those are out. So it’s not recognizing the mirror turn signal bulbs.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have a tazerDT. I did try a before and after with the resistor. The switchbacks work fine with the resistor and hyper flashed without. I almost seems like I need to put and led bulbs in the mirror lights with a resistor?!? Cause when I start the truck it says the those are out. So it’s not recognizing the mirror turn signal bulbs.
I don't like resistors... get AlphaOBD and reprogram the truck to think he uses LEDs...
But yeah, it does look like you need res for the mirror lights...

Clos

Reaction score
Have the same problem. Have led in the front turn signals and the mirror turn signals have a hyper flash. Going to change the rear signals sence I have the bulbs then deal with the mirror turn signals. Truck also reads the bulbs are out in the mirror . Have the auxito led bulbs

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
I kinda gave up on any LED bulbs for the front turn signals. I’ve tried diode dynamics switch backs, ones from Amazon that everyone was recommending in this forum. Tried it without resistors and with them in line. Always end up with hyper flashing and truck saying, bulbs out. Best of luck.

Code2medic

Reaction score
Changing from halogen to led you need to change all of them... can’t mix and match or you’ll get the hyper flash.... remember your on a canbus system. Change them out and it will work fine or I’m not sure it still works in the newer systems but a simple flasher relay swap worked to cure that issue simply unplug the factory one and replace with one for leds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread