5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hummer

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Starts at $80,000 and goes up from there. The top trim starts at $112,000.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the new norm I'm afraid. This is getting ridiculous. Grand Wagoneer and now this both optioning out above 100k.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess $100,000 +doesn't surprise me. Trucks are cash cows for the manufacturers now. If they can build a midengine Corvette with a base price of about $60,000 with all of that technology, you'd think a truck could be built for that.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It's actually a pretty insane truck when you look at all it comes with, here is a good video to shows what the prototype has so far...

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw that commercial as well and had to check it out. Here are the starting prices and when they become available. It’s a 4 year roll out. Pretty amazing vehicle. I’m a little surprised they made them so big, besides the price of course, if you can’t tow with it it’s useless to me

Attachments

• 62520AB4-905A-4F89-A498-6AA6E3D6CC92.png
    62520AB4-905A-4F89-A498-6AA6E3D6CC92.png
    79 KB · Views: 51

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Saw that commercial as well and had to check it out. Here are the starting prices and when they become available. It’s a 4 year roll out. Pretty amazing vehicle. I’m a little surprised they made them so big

I think it was needed for the giant batteries they are using. It's almost double the size of the next largest battery currently in production in order to power it's 3 motors and have the range it has.

Scram1500

Reaction score
It must weigh quite a bit with all that battery. You'd think hydrogen fuel cells would have been implemented by now as weight is the enemy of efficiency

I always laugh at this. On one hand there is screaming about the state of the environment. On the other is the consumer's thirst for gigantic 4x4's

billfraley

Reaction score
It must weigh quite a bit with all that battery. You'd think hydrogen fuel cells would have been implemented by now as weight is the enemy of efficiency

I always laugh at this. On one hand there is screaming about the state of the environment. On the other is the consumer's thirst for gigantic 4x4's
I agree we should have hydrogen based solutions. Water can be converted to hydrogen at the pump and a hydrogen vehicle could be refueled just like gas today.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

silver billet

Reaction score
Definitely looks 100 times better then the hideous steel tank that Elon Musk had banged up by his local welder.

But not for me, not at that price, and the range and supporting grid isn't there yet for towing.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely looks 100 times better then the hideous steel tank that Elon Musk had banged up by his local welder.

But not for me, not at that price, and the range and supporting grid isn't there yet for towing.
Exactly, if the range is 350 miles what would it be towing say a boat that weighs 4K lbs? The horsepower and torque numbers are insane

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say that this thing is pretty freaking impressive...like a much faster and quieter TRX. It will dust just about anything short of a Tesla or supercar off the line (on just about any surface), and yet it looks like it can outclimb Jeeps and Power Wagons with full skid-plating, rock rails, fitment for 37" tires, crab steering, and 6" of additional suspension height (from an already raised position) when needed. It also has 4 T-tops that can store under the hood, a 350-mile range, and a ton of technology. GM did their homework here.

Fortunately, all of the "Edition 1" were sold out before I logged on, as that's the one I'd want. Now that I've seen "the beast", I don't want a model with less power, less range, etc. On the plus side, by the time I can get all of those features (2024-2025), there will probably be better batteries with longer range, even more power, a refreshed exterior, more accessories, etc. So the Longhorn is completely safe for a few years...or until the next manufacturer drops their EV hammer ;)

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly, if the range is 350 miles what would it be towing say a boat that weighs 4K lbs? The horsepower and torque numbers are insane
That's the problem with EV's. Guarantee the range drops by 40-50% or more when towing. I'll be waiting on the EV trucks that have 600+ mile ranges so you can get more than 300 when towing even the slightest amount. This one looks like a cross between the Rivian and a Hummer, and that interior looked awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread