5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge thumbs up to NH Overland! Under hood compressor mount if you’ve replaced your Intake box - Updated with install Pics 5/20/23

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I replaced my factory intake box with a RamAir CAI. I was wondering what to do with the space left open where the factory intake was removed and it was suggested as a good spot for a compressor. Trouble was there was no ready made compressor mount for the 5th gen Rams in this location.

NH Overland makes a mount for the 4th Gens but not the 5th Gens….until now. I contacted them a while back and asked about a compressor mount to go where the factory air box is on the 5th Gens and Austin was very responsive and in the time between, he has created a compressor mount to suite my needs and anyone else looking for this solution. They are available for preorder at this link…

19+ Ram 1500 VARARAM Compressor mount

I have one on order and will post more when it arrives. I just wanted to give them a shout out for there support and constant communication with me as they worked through the prototyping until they had a solution that was ready for prime time.

Jody

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I replaced my factory intake box with a RamAir CAI. I was wondering what to do with the space left open where the factory intake was removed and it was suggested as a good spot for a compressor. Trouble was there was no ready made compressor mount for the 5th gen Rams in this location.

NH Overland makes a mount for the 4th Gens but not the 5th Gens….until now. I contacted them a while back and asked about a compressor mount to go where the factory air box is on the 5th Gens and Austin was very responsive and in the time between, he has created a compressor mount to suite my needs and anyone else looking for this solution. They are available for preorder at this link…

19+ Ram 1500 VARARAM Compressor mount

I have one on order and will post more when it arrives. I just wanted to give them a shout out for there support and constant communication with me as they worked through the prototyping until they had a solution that was ready for prime time.

Jody
Nice and a good price as well

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the air compressor. Great job NH Overland! Because it uses the original air intake frame, it let me easily mount a simple switch to turn on the compressor in the plastic housing and simplify the wiring set-up. I’m real happy with the results. Aired-up my tires really quick too!

Attachments

• 70628012765__CE6AE83F-35CB-4951-9017-EBE3A5408FE0.jpeg
    70628012765__CE6AE83F-35CB-4951-9017-EBE3A5408FE0.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6069.jpeg
    IMG_6069.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_6070.jpeg
    IMG_6070.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_6071.jpeg
    IMG_6071.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 163

Sniper75

Reaction score
I like the idea for the compressor. Instead of a mount for a compressor. I wonder if they can make a mount for an extra battery for the guys that want to run dual batteries

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea for the compressor. Instead of a mount for a compressor. I wonder if they can make a mount for an extra battery for the guys that want to run dual batteries
It wouldn't take much to bolt a battery box to that air compressor mount plate. At the most you have have to drill a couple holes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That plate looks a little high for the battery to fit with the hood down.
Get an AGM battery and mount it on its side? They would have to design something that replaces the stock airbox mount to get it lower. Can probably find a local fab shop to get it done, and probably cheaper

ya3coub

Reaction score
This looks amazing,

I was and still very interested but, it reaches high 50s C here during summer and most of the year an average of lower 40s C, I also do allot of off-roading and worried if it would rust or damage the compressor.

Most guys here will put it in their rambox, which I don’t have

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be adding a Sanden 709 AC compressor to my EcoDiesel for On Board Air.
That will help with my Nathan Airchime K5LA Train Horns along with air tools.

I mounted a York 210 to my 2008 Big Horn.

A Viair 280C took 23 minutes to fill my 9 Gallon Tank from 0 psi to 200psi. The York
did it in 3 minutes at Idle. The Switch kicks on at 165 and off at 200. The York could
do this in 15 seconds at idle and 8 seconds if I was driving.

Malodave

Pix of 2008 install on post #16:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This looks amazing,

I was and still very interested but, it reaches high 50s C here during summer and most of the year an average of lower 40s C, I also do allot of off-roading and worried if it would rust or damage the compressor.

Most guys here will put it in their rambox, which I don’t have
If you’ve got the in-floor bins, this SDHQ mount is an option.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone here in the group already added a second battery

Users who are viewing this thread