5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howling from drivers mirror

speedracernc

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
My ram makes a howling noise coming from the drivers mirror on the highway if there is a crosswind. Anyone know what is causing that? Is there a missing seal or something? Link to the video below. Any help would be appreciated.

Techna

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
My ram makes a howling noise coming from the drivers mirror on the highway if there is a crosswind. Anyone know what is causing that? Is there a missing seal or something? Link to the video below. Any help would be appreciated.

We have the same truck... And the same problem. I haven’t tried too hard yet get a handle on mine since conditions have to be right for it to happen. It’s quite annoying when it does though, so I’m sure I hit the tipping point soon.

HAL9001

Reaction score
I had that happen on a previous vehicle I owned. I solved it by applying a piece of duct tape one at a time to areas I thought were catching the wind. When I finally identified the area that was causing the whistling, I proved it to the dealer and got a new mirror which solved the problem.

bskubon

Reaction score
Had that from day one, they replaced the mirror and fine now. Some reason just the drivers mirror, I have the towing mirrors.

bbetts00

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Dealer replaced the door seals. This is a known issue.

HAL9001

Reaction score
It could also be caused by a door misalignment. I also had that happen on a new car many years ago. They realigned the door and the problem went away. It doesn't take much for the wind to catch and cause a whistling sound.

bbetts00

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys, this is a known issue. My dealer recognized it immediately, and said he's had to fix many of them. Watch this YouTube video. If this is the issue you're having, the front door seals need to be replaced.

Quint

Reaction score
I recently saw a video that had some howling as well. It might be related:

.....interesting side note about this. I had no clue it was a Pet Shop Boys song. I thought they were a one-hit wonder from the 80s. Apparently they are now a 1.5-hit wonder.

ramchaser

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys, this is a known issue. My dealer recognized it immediately, and said he's had to fix many of them. Watch this YouTube video. If this is the issue you're having, the front door seals need to be replaced.
This is a known issue. It's not the door or the mirror but actually some missing butyl at the base of the A-Pillar. Attached is the star case for this...Had this performed and had the exact same noise. Gone now with that repair.

Attachments

• A-Pillar Star Case Repair Noise.pdf
    190.5 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread