5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn off auto parking break

Jakmc25

Reaction score
Either I am missing something or this is the worst “safety” feature ever.
while trying to move the camper or trailer around I have always just left the door open to pull up a foot or backup and few inches. But with my 2019 bighorn if the go to move forward it automatically puts the parking break on and if I try to manually turn it off it still won’t let me move the truck. Is there a way to turn this awful feature off?

KcRay

Reaction score
Either I am missing something or this is the worst “safety” feature ever.
while trying to move the camper or trailer around I have always just left the door open to pull up a foot or backup and few inches. But with my 2019 bighorn if the go to move forward it automatically puts the parking break on and if I try to manually turn it off it still won’t let me move the truck. Is there a way to turn this awful feature off?
Driver's door must be closed while in drive, or you must have seat belt on, no way around it. The ebrake will engage

Jakmc25

Reaction score
That is the dumbest thing ever. I mean I get the feature but it needs to be a switch like the front and rear parking sensor.
It’s gonna make parking the camper by myself this summer a pain in the butt.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That is the dumbest thing ever. I mean I get the feature but it needs to be a switch like the front and rear parking sensor.
It’s gonna make parking the camper by myself this summer a pain in the butt.
Just buckle the seatbelt behind you nd sit on it. It ain't like you're cruising the highway for hours without it. Or buy one of those dummy buckles.

Search "seat belt buckle alarm stopper "

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck does not have an automatic break feature. I guess the dealer messed with yours so it would automatically break when you try to park and you need to take it in to get fixed?

Mine has an automatic parking brake that comes on when I put it in park. Look in the settings on your radio U-Connect. The setting for the auto parking brake is there. There is an auto park feature that puts the transmission in park if you open the door while moving. This feature can catch you by surprise too.

Personally I love it. I think mine just comes on when I put it in park. It does not auto release unless the seatbelt is fastened. I can just reach down and tap the brake button without my belt on and it turns off. I am just glad it doesn't break.

Users who are viewing this thread