5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to turn Blind Spot Monitor back on??? (UPDATED: Solution with PICS!)

Livinfast85

Reaction score
(UPDATE: I FIGURED IT OUT, SEE BELOW!)

So I figure this is a long shot but here we go. So a few months back i had a cracked tail light ( which Ram wouldn't replace because "something must have come up off the road and cracked it" :rolleyes:. But that's another story) which was getting water in it and causing my infotainment to go haywire and keep most electronics in my truck from functioning. With that being said, the stealership disabled my blind spot monitoring, which somehow fixed the issue, until i could get a new taillight. Fast forward to preset time, i have a new taillight and I can not figure out how to "enable" it. I have a Tazer DT and it says Blind spot is enabled but it definitely is not. And I still have the message in the cluster that it is unavailable and needs service. Is anyone familiar if there is possibly another setting that OBD link MX+ could enable? Any help is appreciated!

And yes I am aware that taking it to the dealership is probably the best option, BUT, I will not have the ability to take it there anytime soon AND my warranty is out now.

Last edited:

moparleo51

Reaction score
did you try looking for the enable /disable settings in the uconnect radio?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who ordered/installed the taillight? Sure it's the right one? I had to swap one out awhile back and it was "plug and play".

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If all the customer selections are active it sounds like the dealership might have gone into the truck's software to deactivate/remove it (BCM?, sales code change?).

You will probably need to take it back to that dealership to undo what they did or, at the very least, have them pull up that service visit and tell you what they did to it (unless you still have the invoice/receipt which should list what was done).

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar if there is possibly another setting that OBD link MX+ could enable?
If you have alfaOBD it might be in this thread:

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Well after going through all the options in AlfaOBD and ensuring all settings were enabled, I started researching the Blind Spot system. After a little research on people trying to add the system to their trucks, I found out there were these little bars located behind the drivers side kick panel. As you can see from the pics below, The dealership unplugged the Blind spot monitor harness from the bar. Problem solved!!! Hope this can help someone in the future!
20210307_003939.jpg

20210307_003948.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread