5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to soft reset 12”UConnect

Jkurtz

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to soft reset a 12” UConnect system. Earlier today my system locked up. It would not boot up. I called UConnect. Ut they were unable to figure out how to do so. They transferred me to the Sirius folks who did not know either. They just told me to take it to my local service dept.

I can find info online about resetting earlier models, but nothing on this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jkurtz

Reaction score
Did battery disconnect work. I read a forum said it had internal battery backback.
I did not have to try. After turning the car off and leaving it for about a half-hour, it started working again.

zignice

Reaction score
I did not have to try. After turning the car off and leaving it for about a half-hour, it started working again.
I had the same issue. A lot of functions were not working. Next morning after a system restart everything seemed fine. There has to be a way to do a reset like what happens after the truck has been sitting for a while. We won't always be able to sit there for an hour waiting. Had to make the 2 hour drive home the other night with limited functionality and only one speaker working.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you get that from? Does not seem to work.
I viewed a YouTube video demonstrating an 8.4 UConnect reset this way but I have not tested it. It takes about 10 seconds or more holding down the buttons. It is possible the feature was removed, but seems easy/worth a try. How long did you hold them for?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the way it worked for the older 8.4 systems. I've posted that before for a few other members with the 12.1 and I thought they said it worked for them, but it may not work for the new system. Figured it was worth a try.

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Just got off a call from uconnect and they had me do a soft reset.

Hold VR and Phone buttons on steering wheel for 30 seconds with vehicle in ACC. Then turn vehicle off, open driver door for 30 seconds.

As an aside the reason I called them was because I was not able to reply to text messages with VR. I could only choose from the predifined list. I have an Android phone and was able to do this on my 2016 just fine. I was told the the new Sirius Guardian service doesn't support VR replies to texts. Has anyone been able to reply with VR?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hold VR and Phone buttons on steering wheel for 30 seconds with vehicle in ACC. Then turn vehicle off, open driver door for 30 seconds.
So the talking head button, and the green phone button just above it? 1532307041897.png

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Someone please verify this works, then we will sticky it somewhere

grifodan67

Reaction score
Someone please verify this works, then we will sticky it somewhere

I just went out and tried it and it didn't seem to do anything. I didn't notice any changes to the screen or any messages or notices that it was resetting, etc. tdwilli1, did your screen do anything when they had you do the soft reset?

Dan

tdwilli1

Reaction score
I just went out and tried it and it didn't seem to do anything. I didn't notice any changes to the screen or any messages or notices that it was resetting, etc. tdwilli1, did your screen do anything when they had you do the soft reset?

Dan

No. But they seemed very sure of the procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread