5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to launch a boat with a Rivian

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp that’s one way of doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing that was a publicity stunt, and they had to look around quite a bit to find a place actually safe to do it. But having said that, they do specify a "wading depth" up to 3 feet, and the stuff under the beltline is pretty well sealed up. Prices start about where most of us mere mortals with our normal trucks top out.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing that was a publicity stunt, and they had to look around quite a bit to find a place actually safe to do it. But having said that, they do specify a "wading depth" up to 3 feet, and the stuff under the beltline is pretty well sealed up. Prices start about where most of us mere mortals with our normal trucks top out.
The Rivian weighs like 7,148 lb according to google.
That's 3/4ton truck weight.

That was REALLY ballsy bringing that truck into the sand like that, there was absolutely risk it would get stuck into the sand and stranded.
Which, considering the batteries on those are not made of hopes and dreams, could have gotten spicy if something went wrong out in the middle of the water like that.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Submerging massive amounts of electricity……….what could go wrong?😳

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From the country that brought you the nuclear-powered submarine...no risk at all :)
But a submarine is actually made for that thus the name “sub”marine.😉

Users who are viewing this thread