5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fly a flag from the back of my truck ???

Reaction score
Want to fly the American flag from the back of my truck but I can’t find anything..... don’t want to drill into my bed !
.. thank you pictures and link would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanfx

Reaction score
Check out speedpole.com I don't know if you have to drill though

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Want to fly the American flag from the back of my truck but I can’t find anything..... don’t want to drill into my bed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also checkout FanPole.

Tom488

Reaction score
Get a milk crate, a piece of PVC pipe (about 18-24" long, sch 80 would be best, but sch 40 will work), some strong zip ties, and a ratchet strap.

With the milk crate right-side up, place the PVC in the center of the long side of the milk crate, flush with the bottom. Zip tie it in place - the more zip ties the better. Put the flag holder assembly (what you just made) in your bed, centered, up against the front of the bed. Run the ratchet strap between the front tie-downs so it captures the crate. It may be best to thread the strap through the crate, such that it goes around the crate, but behind the PVC pipe (if your PVC pipe isn't strong enough to hold up to the tension of the strap). Ratchet it tight, and this will hold your "flag holder" nice and tight in the bed.

Now drop the flag in the PVC, and you're good to go. If high speeds will be experienced, cross-drill the pipe and the flag pole for a cross-pin to hold everything in place. For extra ballast, put a couple of bags of sand or Quickcrete in the milk crate.

deanfx

Reaction score
If you do this, then please spend the money for a good stripper. This is not the time for a "do it yourself" project!

Cheers
Gerry
And make sure you do a step by step post

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does anyone make an insert for hitch for a flag? maybe welding shop can modify a cheap hitch insert

Users who are viewing this thread