5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to disable Sirius Location Tracking

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I’ve read previous threads, but today I noticed I was still getting “song playing” pop-up messages from Sirius which has expired in September. I went into settings and all buttons are “grayed out” and it appears that location tracking is on again by default, but I had this off when it was active.
Is there a way to disable this tracking and pop-up options?
Tazer DT shuts off the weather notifications features but not Sirius altogether as far as I can tell.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I’ve read previous threads, but today I noticed I was still getting “song playing” pop-up messages from Sirius which has expired in September. I went into settings and all buttons are “grayed out” and it appears that location tracking is on again by default, but I had this off when it was active.
Is there a way to disable this tracking and pop-up options?
Tazer DT shuts off the weather notifications features but not Sirius altogether as far as I can tell.
I see you haven't gotten any responses. I posted something similar the other day and no responses. Either this is a taboo topic or no one knows how to totally disable Sirius.

esta1701

Reaction score
Does this help (from Sirius Guardian site):

Your choices to limit collection and use of Collected Data​

The collection, use and sharing of Collected Data is essential to providing the Services.You may not disable the transmission of Location Data, Service Usage Data or Vehicle Data within the use of the Services.To disable Location Data, Service Usage Data or Vehicle Data, you must cancel your SiriusXM Guardian subscription by calling 844-796-4827 or any other method mandated by law.

If you do not want Transmitted Vehicle Data to be collected or used, you must contact us directly at 844-796-4827 and ask to cancel your Services for privacy reasons. This request will result in the deactivation of your wireless transmission network service and will cease your access to SiriusXM Guardian safety and convenience services and certain other Uconnect or Alfa Connect services. It will also prevent updates to your In-vehicle Manual and the implementation of any Wi-Fi services through the Vehicle, if available. Please note that cancelling your SiriusXM Guardian subscription without the request to deactivate for privacy reasons will not cancel the transmission of Transmitted Vehicle Data to FCA or Alfa Romeo.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Does this help (from Sirius Guardian site):

Your choices to limit collection and use of Collected Data​

The collection, use and sharing of Collected Data is essential to providing the Services.You may not disable the transmission of Location Data, Service Usage Data or Vehicle Data within the use of the Services.To disable Location Data, Service Usage Data or Vehicle Data, you must cancel your SiriusXM Guardian subscription by calling 844-796-4827 or any other method mandated by law.

If you do not want Transmitted Vehicle Data to be collected or used, you must contact us directly at 844-796-4827 and ask to cancel your Services for privacy reasons. This request will result in the deactivation of your wireless transmission network service and will cease your access to SiriusXM Guardian safety and convenience services and certain other Uconnect or Alfa Connect services. It will also prevent updates to your In-vehicle Manual and the implementation of any Wi-Fi services through the Vehicle, if available. Please note that cancelling your SiriusXM Guardian subscription without the request to deactivate for privacy reasons will not cancel the transmission of Transmitted Vehicle Data to FCA or Alfa Romeo.
Great info - thanks for posting! That certainly gives me an avenue to take when the time comes.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Great info - thanks for posting! That certainly gives me an avenue to take when the time comes.
I called Sirius customer service a while back and asked them to disable the vehicle from their system. They did not understand my request and of course tried to offer me deals to resubscribe. They said they disabled the unit but I continued to see the tracking message and the sat radio still received signal. In the end I disconnected the cable from the antenna to the radio brain. Two screws on the top of the dash and the bezel pulls right out. Super easy.

Users who are viewing this thread