5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Determine Build Date?

Redbone1187

Reaction score
Hey guys:

Anyone know ow to determine the build date based on the VIN? Or is there something else on the window sticker? The VIN decoder I looked at doesn't list any of the numbers as the build date that I could see.

Thanx guys..

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys:

Anyone know ow to determine the build date based on the VIN? Or is there something else on the window sticker? The VIN decoder I looked at doesn't list any of the numbers as the build date that I could see.

Thanx guys..

It's on your sticker, drivers side door.

Redbone1187

Reaction score
OK so I have to actually look at the truck - got it. I was hoping to be able to find out via the VIN.

Thanx Snowman...

ericd

Reaction score
The number highlighted on the window sticker is the build date as well. In this example it would be 07/09/18

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:

chance21

Reaction score
The number highlighted on the window sticker is the build date as well. In this example it would be 07/09/18
Eric... are you sure; because mine don't match.

Attachments

• Build Date Window Sticker.JPG
    Build Date Window Sticker.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 555
  • Sticker Door Jam.jpg
    Sticker Door Jam.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 555

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably when the stickers were generated... end of month/beginning of month. I'd be more concerned if they were several months apart rather than consecutive.

ericd

Reaction score
I may be mistaken. That's what I read and mine matches.

kmck94

Reaction score
Is there a way to know what build number your truck is? My build date is 3-18 and I'm interested if I'm one of the first 1000.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Eric... are you sure; because mine don't match.
Wow. Your certification sticker is even in a different format than mine produced in late September.

I just confirmed that my door sticker shows Mfr. Date of "092515", but the Monroney shows "1005" in the area indicated above. I don't think the Monroney info is related to build date.

Last edited:

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I could only find VIN breakdown for the 2016s. My guess is that your truck is number 8,686 off the line. Hopefully somebody has a complete understanding of the current VIN coding.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Maybe i'm missing something but how can the VIN give a build date? I've had my VIN for almost 3 weeks and it is still in D status.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my two cents. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

The VIN is NOT related to your build date, as the VIN is assigned much farther upstream in the process, sequentially after the vehicle order is received and acknowledged by FCA. Its more related to the order date that build date, but I can't tell you the exact relationship.

I've attached FCA's information on VIN.

Attachments

• Vehicle Identification number.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 179

toytaco

Reaction score
Ummm. Bought my truck just over 3 weeks ago. Went to look for my build date and guess what... I don't have a sticker on my drivers side door. I have owned 3 other RAMs. 2x2500 and 1x3500. This is my first 1500. I thought it might just be different. Why would my truck not have a sticker?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ummm. Bought my truck just over 3 weeks ago. Went to look for my build date and guess what... I don't have a sticker on my drivers side door. I have owned 3 other RAMs. 2x2500 and 1x3500. This is my first 1500. I thought it might just be different. Why would my truck not have a sticker?

May be a dumb question, but are you checking the door or the door jamb? It's on the door jamb right near where the drivers seat back meets the lower part of the seat.

toytaco

Reaction score
May be a dumb question, but are you checking the door or the door jamb? It's on the door jamb right near where the drivers seat back meets the lower part of the seat.
Nope, only dumb one here is me. Previous 3 Ram's the sticker was on the door itself. Didn't even think to look on the body. There it is. Build date 04-19. Purchased 6-29-19. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread