5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I connect my BlackVue camera?

Boomer

Reaction score
How do I connect my BlackVue camera? The only DC outlet is on top of the dash. Do the make any kind of adapter for the other kind of outlets (standard plug or usb) ? Thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
There are multiple threads on this. Search is your friend.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All of mine have been hardwired in and I’ve added the battery packs for peace of mind.

Boomer

Reaction score
With the battery pack does it record when the truck is off

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes it does which has allowed me a ton of footage of areas in which I’ve parked.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I connect my BlackVue camera? The only DC outlet is on top of the dash. Do the make any kind of adapter for the other kind of outlets (standard plug or usb) ? Thanks

Power Magic EZ powers your BlackVue dashcam from your vehicle’s OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) port. No more searching for fuses at the fuse box.

just plug and play!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Power Magic EZ powers your BlackVue dashcam from your vehicle’s OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) port. No more searching for fuses at the fuse box.

just plug and play!

Except if you want to record while at the dealer... They usually unplug to run diags etc.
This is how I have my V1 RD connected, which is no biggie, but on a dash cam, I would hardwire.

Cheers,

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Except if you want to record while at the dealer... They usually unplug to run diags etc.
This is how I have my V1 RD connected, which is no biggie, but on a dash cam, I would hardwire.

Cheers,
I thought this option would work best for the OP.

He seems like he was looking for a plug & Play solution. :cool:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Cheers,
This is how I mounted and plugged my V1 RD up.

Users who are viewing this thread