5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I adjust my tmps settings..

Ian3500

Reaction score
I just received my 2021 3500 HO and it came with (but not asked for)Ram's TMPS.

I have been using an add on TMPS for years. When I picked up the truck, the tires (275/70 18e ) were filled to 63 psi front and 82 psi rear. Makes for a bit of an odd ride....

I asked how I could adjust because that is kind if silly when running empty but was told I cannot because of the weight the truck can *potentially* carry and the tmps will go into error mode..

The max weight this truck will see for the foreseeable future will be a 12K 5th wheel. What I normally do (or did with my last truck), was weigh it and adjusted the front and back tire pressures based on what the scales tell me.

How Can I fix this ?

Thanks.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

jkm312

Reaction score
I don't know that you can. My experience is the TPMS are set to warn when the tire pressure goes below a preset factory level. I personally despise TPMS.

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Just air down 50F 40R enjoy the ride. Then when you tow heavy air up. The tpms light will be on at low PSI but will go off when aired up. You can’t physically turn it off, I went through that whole deal with my 2500.

Users who are viewing this thread