5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I scroll through fav pre-sets on FM/SXM with tuner??

Knight.

Reaction score
Just bought my new truck (2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn w/ 8.4 screen) this week and figured out how to set FM/SXM presets but when I scroll it keeps scrolling through ALL the channels/stations. I would prefer to scroll through my presets, is there a way I can do that instead of reaching over to the screen to touch the preset button?? It's really annoying.

Thanks

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Radio controls are on the backside of the steering wheel. Left side is up and down tuning stations, center presets. Right side is volume up and down, center source.

Knight.

Reaction score
Radio controls are on the backside of the steering wheel. Left side is up and down tuning stations, center presets. Right side is volume up and down, center source.

oh okay. I didn't know there was a center button. Only felt like up and down. I'll check when i get back in my truck.
Thanks for let me know.

Big Tup

Reaction score
oh okay. I didn't know there was a center button. Only felt like up and down. I'll check when i get back in my truck.
Thanks for let me know.
I have been wondering the same thing for a long time and just assumed it's not an option....I have to check mine as well!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what the buttons look like on the back of the steering wheel.

Attachments

• 8F466DB7-E3DB-46CB-A3B4-3431C3F0541C.jpeg
    8F466DB7-E3DB-46CB-A3B4-3431C3F0541C.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 11

hani

Reaction score
Came here with the same question. Thanks for the answer.

Though I still think it's a pretty crappy solution where I can't go up and down through my presets. The middle button just takes you through them in one direction. I'd love to have the presets viewed on the screen and be able to just look over and see if I have to go up or down through the list to get to the station I want without reaching over and tapping it on the screen. Also, if I tap it on the screen, the preset view goes away. So I can't just easily tap through them - I have to click on "All Presets" again to get back there each time. (Not to mention the minus and plus buttons to view the presets is totally the wrong icons to be using to go through the pages. Swiping doesn't even work.) The up and down button on the back of the steering wheel should be how I cycle through them. Or UConnect should make a setting that allows us to change the functionality of the toggles.

Honestly, not sure who's doing the UX/UI design over at UConnect, but they need some advice and feedback. Sometimes it just feels like a hot mess navigating through those screens - but especially the Sirius XM implementation. Some user testing before designing/releasing this stuff would go a LONG way and improve the experience. I'll gladly volunteer!

Users who are viewing this thread