5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the cloth seats?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new truck and have settled on the new RAM. I really want a Laramie for the leather, but the rebates on the Big Horn are too good to pass up. I have cloth in my F150 now and they are OK, but not great. Any feedback would be appreciated.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new truck and have settled on the new RAM. I really want a Laramie for the leather, but the rebates on the Big Horn are too good to pass up. I have cloth in my F150 now and they are OK, but not great. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Gotta go leather. Worth every cent.

midntrdr

Reaction score
I’ve had leather in every car and truck for the last 20 years. I went with a Big Horn for the rebates also and I’m actually very impressed with the cloth seats. Very comfortable and nice quality, not the cheap stuff of the Daimler past. Just make sure you get the “deluxe cloth seats”. Several of the packages include them.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally like cloth seats in a pickup truck as long as they are made of good quality material. My Bighorn has the “deluxe cloth bucket seats” and I really like them. They seem to be high quality, have good side bolsters and they are very comfortable. The biggest complaint I have with my previous 2015 GMC Sierra was the poor quality cloth seats, so that was the first thing I looked at when I checked out the Bighorn. The Sierra seats wore out very prematurely, and had terrible side bolsters.. I had to have the seat bottom cushion replaced when my truck was around a month old, and the replacement lasted maybe a year before it too was shot. The RAM’s are much, much nicer.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have the Bighorn with buckets, console, and level 2 which includes heated seats. They are very comfortable. I had leather in my last Ram, and would not have them unless they are cooled, which mine were. If you purchase the Bighorn and decide you want leather later, you could always switch to Katzkin leather.

I have owned a couple of other Rams (2006 and 2007) and I thought the seats were cheap. The onEs in my 5th gen are much better. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Mich thor

Reaction score
I've had leather twice, but prefer cloth.The new leather is very nice but if it's hot or cold it is too! Real sheep skin is very nice I'll be looking for some soon.

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
I’ll jump in and also say the cloth seats are top notch. Way better than any other cloth seat I’ve sat in in the past.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
I have had leather in every car I ever purchased, I went with the cloth on the RAM, and am not looking back. Comfortable, not hot, not cold.. I am happy with the cloth seats.

Big Papi

Reaction score
I have cloth seats in my Big Horn and I love them. I'm not a fan of leather so that might be a factor. They are well made imo.

deanfx

Reaction score
I have cloth in my Bighorn. Had leather in last four or five trucks I've owned. Chevy's and Fords. I guess the thing is, they really aren't leather anyway. My '14 F150's were wearing really bad on the back bolster. Hell my Harley's seat isn't even real leather these days.

Powerman1960

Reaction score
These deluxe cloth seats in the Bighorn are very comfortable, and the material has a very "tight" feel to it, like it's not going to stretch out. I am a leather person, but, I've got to say, these are very nice buckets!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same as what others have said, the deluxe seats are nice. BUT! Look at the seats and you’ll see how easy it would be to put leather on aftermarket.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
If you are not wanting vented seats you should be able to install KatZkin for anywhere from $1000-$1500. If you haven’t made a purchase yet I would work very hard to minimize that cost with your dealer by getting them to add it in to the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denny Crane

Reaction score
The cloth seats are excellent! They feel a little firm, but they are very good for a long drive. They breathe good, like cloth always does, and the heating is just right.

Yes, I like them a lot.

EStein

Reaction score
I financed the Katzkins leather into the deal with my Bighorn. Dealer took care of it. Very happy with it. Aprox 1600 for the full leather front and back. That being said, I drove it for about 2 weeks waiting for the leather to come in and was very impressed with the cloth. Almost wished I’d saved my money....

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
I’ve had leather in every car and truck for the last 20 years. I went with a Big Horn for the rebates also and I’m actually very impressed with the cloth seats. Very comfortable and nice quality, not the cheap stuff of the Daimler past. Just make sure you get the “deluxe cloth seats”. Several of the packages include them.

Ahhh maybe that's what I sat in. I was sitting in a bighorn and the seats were amazing, they just held me in and very comfortable. Maybe they were the deluxe cloth seats? If I could have got those on my Laramie, I would have. Lol

sactruck

Reaction score
In the past I always purchased vehicles with leather seats. I bought my Big Horn because it had the black bucket seats with the light frost interior (I prefer interiors that are not all black). I thought I might miss the leather. After living with the cloth for 5 months I can honestly say that the cloth seats were the right choice. They are high quality, they heat up faster than leather when it's cold outside, they don't get hot in the summer they look good, hold you well, and are comfortable.

Nighthawk

Reaction score
I specifically wanted cloth and the deluxe cloth in the Big Horn is about as good as a seat gets comfort wise. Heated, vented, fits me nice, great grip. I hate the slippery feel of most leather seats. The Alcantara leather in my ScatPack is very grippy to, locks you right in.

ncsu92

Reaction score
I bought the Big Horn black edition with cloth due to the rebates. This is the only vehicle that I have had in more than 15 years with cloth seats. I was planning to have aftermarket leather installed, but changed my mind. The cloth is great.

bdm219

Reaction score
I also love the premium cloth in my Bighorn. I don't like leather in trucks, never have. I could easily install katzkins myself if I wanted. I have the light grey cloth, the seats are very comfortable. I only have 2k on it right now, but I don't see and wear or bolster wrinkling.

Users who are viewing this thread