5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotspot

Darkhelmet

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with 12 inch screen, can i connect the hotspot from my smart phone to the uconnecet system so i don’t have to use the “offline maps”. I don’t want to pay for the wifi hotspot that came with the truck id rather just connect the truck to my smart phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derp

Reaction score
Even with the uconnect hotspot service the system still shows "offline maps" on search for me.

To your point of can the phone be a client for your phone's hotspot, I have seen nothing to support that is possible.

As a network professional, I can say that the onboard hotspot is operating as an access point, and generally devices don't switch easily from AP to client. Many hotspot/phone sharing use instead "ad-hoc" mode to deliver this kind of function.

Dedicated hotspots like a mi-fi type device are the most notable exception to ad-hoc mode as they operate natively as a AP in the same way as the truck hotspot does.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are a ton of post on the offline maps. It has been off line since the new 19s came out. They say it isn't supposed to be able to search online. Just check the forums for the other post.

Users who are viewing this thread