5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Sauce

Stephenlaplaca

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has tried Hot Sauce water spot remover. I’m a novice detailer. I love to have a really clean truck. So with this new ram with the pho-chrome wheels, the water here in Florida is hard and leaves some terrible water spots if not taken care of. I picked this product up at Walmart in the boat section. Works like a champ. Does not mess with the finish. If anything it adds some protection to the plastic. image.jpg

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Hmm. According to the SDS

5-10% Acetic Acid aka Vinegar
1-5% Proprietary. That's probably whatever the sealant is.

I would be wary of using it too much. I got in the habit of sloshing some vinegar into the dishwasher before I ran it. It removed all the hard water deposits from the dishes and the dishwasher interior all right, but after a few months it also removed the paint on some BSA mugs. On a fiberglass boat, no big deal. On metal or paint, it could get ugly over a long period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread