5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Ride - Literally!!

my1sttruck

Reaction score
All.. New member and first time poster here...
I have had my truck now for about 3 months. I have been enjoying it. The UConnect System is very easy and intuitive to use and the touch screen is very responsive. This is the most technologically advanced vehicle that I have owned to date. Irony is that I work in the technology field and know very well that technology is great and makes life easier... until it fails!!

So that's what happened to me this morning. We are getting into much cooler morning temps with fall in the air and the truck is programmed to automatically turn on the heated seats and steering wheel. Great feature by the way. Well, 15 minutes into my trip I decided that it was warm enough and wanted to turn off the heated seats and steering wheel. I do this all the time without an issue. However, today the options to disable this was grayed out. These are two functions, which do not have a redundant physical buttons, to control turning them off/on. I did not have any other options to turn them off at this point and it was getting very uncomfortable because the heated seats go to high setting when it automatically turns on.

I had to pull up to a red light, turn off the truck and then turn it back on to regain control of those settings. There was also no way to "reset/reboot" the UConnect system while driving. I was just on my way to work and was on local roads. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to turn off the car and turn it back on mid-trip.

While this was a one-time incident, I'm not too concerned at this point. However, it does beg the question of what else could happen when software fails to function as expected....

I have attached a picture of the screen showing the disabled controls for the heated seats and steering wheel. Notice on the top that they are indicated as being on.
Ram_Climate.jpg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmmm they still haven't fixed this. My 2014 does this occasionally. No buttons light up so you can't control anything. You would have thought they would have a software patch by now.:(

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if voice commands work. I haven't had any issues (yet, knock on wood) with these buttons. I do know that when automatically controlling the heated seats and ventilated seats, it's supposed to remember your last setting as far as the Lo, Med, Hi thing goes. Not sure how it determines whether or not to use the heated wheel though...

Users who are viewing this thread