5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Interior

shimpo

Reaction score
In hot weather (it was cold 104 here today) does the AC come on when you do a remote start?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depending on your trim level (fill in your sig info), the AC will come on when started with remote start IF you have automatic climate control. This is also explained in your owners manual.

Welcome to the forums

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Air Conditioning only comes on if you left the A/C on; that is the only way mine comes on with the remote start. My cooled seats come on with remote start without having to "preset" them; but my A/C does not. I have a Laramie with Automatic Climate Control.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Air Conditioning only comes on if you left the A/C on; that is the only way mine comes on with the remote start. My cooled seats come on with remote start without having to "preset" them; but my A/C does not. I have a Laramie with Automatic Climate Control.

Just because the A/C light isn't on, doesn't mean the A/C isn't running, it operates on Auto, and in Defrost mode as well. If you have the truck set to a temp and on auto and remote start the truck, it will use the A/C to cool the truck. I have a Laramie as well, this is how mine works.

Users who are viewing this thread