5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn sounds with passive entry/exit

rawilt

Reaction score
I've had a Ram 1500 Limited for a couple weeks and can't figure out a Horn Beep with the locks. After I put the truck in park and turn it off, the horn will sound one beep when I open the door. If I press the lock button on the door handle, it will beep. If I use the passive entry system, it will honk once again.

Didn't do that when I first got the truck, but it's been doing that for the last couple days. I looked through settings on the UConnect, but didn't see anything related to that. I think I've activated my security tracking system (Pursuit SVR) since the time this started, but I don't see how that would impact it or that there is a setting related on that side of things.

Any ideas?

Rick

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a Ram 1500 Limited for a couple weeks and can't figure out a Horn Beep with the locks. After I put the truck in park and turn it off, the horn will sound one beep when I open the door. If I press the lock button on the door handle, it will beep. If I use the passive entry system, it will honk once again.

Didn't do that when I first got the truck, but it's been doing that for the last couple days. I looked through settings on the UConnect, but didn't see anything related to that. I think I've activated my security tracking system (Pursuit SVR) since the time this started, but I don't see how that would impact it or that there is a setting related on that side of things.

Any ideas?

Rick
Somehow it must have gotten switched on in the locks option of settings.

rawilt

Reaction score
Thank you - I'll look again. I did not see an option that matched this behavior. E.g., honk the horn when I use the passive entry system or when I open a door. Am I missing something?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DOORS & LOCKS -----> Sound horn with lock

Not sure why it is honking when you use passive entry

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you - I'll look again. I did not see an option that matched this behavior. E.g., honk the horn when I use the passive entry system or when I open a door. Am I missing something?
Just play with the lock menu and see what happens. I dont have an answer.

Aggie Rod

Reaction score
Ive had this on other Chrysler cars. Its usually a case of a door ajar or a key fob in the car when closing or locking the doors but never had this on turning off the car and opening the door to exit.

rawilt

Reaction score
Thanks all. I've confirmed it's not the settings, not a door ajar, or key fob, but these were all good leads. I spoke to the tech delivery guy from the dealership and he confirmed this is likely the security system. I'll bring it in and see what they say.

Last edited:

ScottR

Reaction score
Thanks all. I've confirmed it's not the settings, not a door ajar, or key fob, but these were all good leads. I spoke to the tech delivery guy from the dealership and he destroyed this is likely the security system. I'll bring it in and see what they say.
Did they figure out the issue?I am having the same issue .

rawilt

Reaction score
Did they figure out the issue?I am having the same issue .
I have not taken it in yet. Have been waiting until an oil change or some other reason to go in. Just living with it now and not using the passive entry.

Anything changed in yours since you posted?

ScottR

Reaction score
I have not taken it in yet. Have been waiting until an oil change or some other reason to go in. Just living with it now and not using the passive entry.

Anything changed in yours since you posted?
No, I too am waiting , 1200 miles till oil change is due and will do the pedal recall also. Mine still beeps when I open the door to exit after driving and when I unlock the truck with the the key fob. Drives me nuts But I will survive. Please et me know if you figure it out before I do, I will do the same.

ScottR

Reaction score
I finally got into the dealer. It’s an easy fix , it’s a setting with the aftermarket SVR alarm. Mine was triggered when I disconnected the battery to install my bed lights. Go out to your truck unlock it. 1)Push the ignition button to run but don’t hit the brake pedal . Push the ignition button to off and then immediately push the button on the little blinking blue light terminal that is screwed to the bottom of the dash ( at least that’s where mine is screwed to) .
This puts the alarm to the next setting. If you want your horn to sound when you lock the vehicle , you can now do that in settings, doors and locks on you radio. I would take a picture of the blue light button you need to push put my truck stayed at the dealer and I’m driving a rental.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
I finally got into the dealer. It’s an easy fix , it’s a setting with the aftermarket SVR alarm. Mine was triggered when I disconnected the battery to install my bed lights. Go out to your truck unlock it. 1)Push the ignition button to run but don’t hit the brake pedal . Push the ignition button to off and then immediately push the button on the little blinking blue light terminal that is screwed to the bottom of the dash ( at least that’s where mine is screwed to) .
This puts the alarm to the next setting. If you want your horn to sound when you lock the vehicle , you can now do that in settings, doors and locks on you radio. I would take a picture of the blue light button you need to push put my truck stayed at the dealer and I’m driving a rental.
Hi
Where is the blue light button?

ScottR

Reaction score
Hi
Where is the blue light button?
It’s the little blue light that is screwed to your dashboard that comes on and blinks when you are in your alarm. Mine is screwed to the bottom of the dash on the left-hand side. They still have my truck so I still cannot take a picture of it. You can’t miss it blinking when you lock your truck when it’s dark.

rawilt

Reaction score
Thank you, Scott. Your instructions are clear, but I can't get it to turn off. I do now have an issue with squeaking brakes, so I will have that appointment at the dealership soon. Hopefully they'll be able to shut it off.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Mine started to honk on exit and I couldn't figure out why, now I know thanks.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Tried doing what was mentioned above and the horn still sounds when I open the door, anybody know if there is a step missing from the above post?

Users who are viewing this thread