5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood defector/guard for 2020 sport hood?

Kevinch

Reaction score
I'm looking for a deflector/guard for my 2020 Laramie with the Sport Hood. I know MOPAR sells one, but I was looking for aftermarket alternatives & most of what I see pictured is for a standard hood. Anyone know of options?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a Ventshade AeroSkin from Lund.

They show the wrong picture with a ford in it, but this is the correct one I ordered and received.

Kevinch

Reaction score
I purchased a Ventshade AeroSkin from Lund.

They show the wrong picture with a ford in it, but this is the correct one I ordered and received.

Malodave: does your RAM have the Sport Performance hood? My hood looks like this (except for color), I know it would require a different deflector than the standard hood:
ram-1500-sport-31.jpg

Kevinch

Reaction score
Malodave: nevermind. I read your sig file, see you have the Night Edition & it comes with the Sport Hood. 😎

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Malodave: does your RAM have the Sport Performance hood? My hood looks like this (except for color), I know it would require a different deflector than the standard hood:
ram-1500-sport-31.jpg
Actually it does not. The SPORT hood and the standard hood use the same deflector. I just bought the WeatherTech and I love it! Same exact one I installed on my 2019 Limited.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My new WT Stone Deflector on my Sport Hood...BEAUTIFUL and fits awesome!

Thanks! Would one of you be willing to advise how it mounts?
When you left up the hood, there is a piece of rubber at the very front with black plastic clips holding it to the hood. You pop out the clips in the areas you will mount the deflector. Align the deflector and use the new plastic clips provided. Took me 10 minutes and I do believe it is the BEST option out there for our trucks.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I have had nothing but trouble with the weather tech deflectors. First one I got was obviously deformed ... only half of the holes on the deflector lined up :( The second one they sent just doesn't seem to fit. It might be that the pins are too short, but I dunno ... not too happy with them.

HAL9001

Reaction score
Instead of a deflector, consider a PPF clear bra which protects as well and is nearly invisible. They're very easy to install by yourself. This one is the top of the top of the line. You can find others much less expensive, or for about $30 you can buy a piece of bulk PPF and DIY it. I did this on my SUV and it came out nearly perfect. After three years of driving, not a single rock chip on the hood.

Venom700

Reaction score
Instead of a deflector, consider a PPF clear bra which protects as well and is nearly invisible. They're very easy to install by yourself. This one is the top of the top of the line. You can find others much less expensive, or for about $30 you can buy a piece of bulk PPF and DIY it. I did this on my SUV and it came out nearly perfect. After three years of driving, not a single rock chip on the hood.
PPF is good but the deflector will also keep things from hitting the windshield, bugs included.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had nothing but trouble with the weather tech deflectors. First one I got was obviously deformed ... only half of the holes on the deflector lined up :( The second one they sent just doesn't seem to fit. It might be that the pins are too short, but I dunno ... not too happy with them.
Did you ever think you're not putting it on correctly :unsure: Maybe you did get a "BAD" one the first round, but two...I don't think so. WT has always had excellent quality. Just for giggles, what part number did you order?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Did you ever think you're not putting it on correctly :unsure: Maybe you did get a "BAD" one the first round, but two...I don't think so. WT has always had excellent quality. Just for giggles, what part number did you order?

50272 verified by WT as being the correct one.

Ya know, you were quick to judge that I was putting it on wrong in the other thread too.

834k3r

Reaction score
Got the WeatherTech. I think it turned out pretty good, though I embarrassed myself by totally removing the rubber seal when it’s not called for in the instructions. Thankfully I had some weather stripping fasteners to replace the ones I removed. Lesson learned.

Pardon the water spots; I just returned from a trip to the big city through some rain. D367D8FD-36C3-4653-8BE3-2C18850A358D.jpeg

JbVt

Reaction score
Don’t have the sport hood but I did just put the weathertech 50272 on my bighorn night edition and it looks great. Install was incredibly easy! Took maybe 5 minutes. I would definitely suggest this deflector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online