5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home link issues

Luftmaler

Reaction score
Anybody else not able to setup homelink? I’ve read the threads about weak signal issues , procedure clarifications from manual etc. I’ve followed manual instructions to a T but can’t get the homelink button to learn signal from remote. Nevermind the rolling code issue. Can’t even get to that point. Never had issue programming my 10 and 13 rams on same opener. HL in my new 19 will not learn, doesn’t switch from slow blink to rapid one after clearing and resetting. I’ve tried it with ignition set to ACC, run, on. All with same result...failure. Any pointers?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to have the ignition in the ON / RUN position to program homelink and clear the channels. These are the instructions your following? Did you verify you have a rolling code opener?

Luftmaler

Reaction score
Yep. Those are the instructions I followed from manual. Opener is rolling code with green learn button. For my first attempts I had ignition in ON/RUN position per manual instructions. I got correct HL blinking sequence for clearing memory (slow then fast blink) but never when attempting to train the button. It never stops the slow blink. Remote works. Brand new battery. HL button(s) aren’t getting signal.

dieseldork

Reaction score
I’m going to be of no help, but wanted to raise my hand as also failing to ever program mine. I’ve called Homelink, replaced the battery, watched countless YouTube videos and followed every bit of instruction that google could find. I’ve probably got 10 hours logged on this problem over the past two months. I finally just gave up. I keep a remote laying in my console. It’s been incredibly aggravating.

My 12 Ram and my wife’s 17 BMW both programmed without issues.

Good luck man.

Dubz

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with mine. I have programmed my other vehicles with no issues but cannot get my Ram to connect.

Luftmaler

Reaction score
Ouch. Well thanks for letting me know I’m not alone. Wife just ordered me a cheap-o second remote on amazon to keep in the console for now.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
you erase all homelink settings to have a clean slate? hold 1st and 3rd buttons for up to 20 sec.

Are there LEDs close to your garage door opener, sometimes those can cause radio interference with garage door remotes

J4U

Reaction score
Try with visor in down position. There seems to be some interference around my home from time to time. My homelink works but on some days it will not communicate with garage opener until I flip the visor down a bit and hit the button. Works every time.

Just a thought it may help in programming too. No rhyme or reason as to when the interference shows up.

dieseldork

Reaction score
I’ve tried with the visor down. Homelink support had me try holding the remote to the back of the visor. No dice.

I’ve even tried to do it in another town. Knowing it wouldn’t work completely as i wasn’t near the rolling code button; I was just trying to eliminate my house being the issue.

Fidomac

Reaction score
Anybody else not able to setup homelink? I’ve read the threads about weak signal issues , procedure clarifications from manual etc. I’ve followed manual instructions to a T but can’t get the homelink button to learn signal from remote. Nevermind the rolling code issue. Can’t even get to that point. Never had issue programming my 10 and 13 rams on same opener. HL in my new 19 will not learn, doesn’t switch from slow blink to rapid one after clearing and resetting. I’ve tried it with ignition set to ACC, run, on. All with same result...failure. Any pointers?
Me too

Luftmaler

Reaction score
No LEDs in the garage )I knew about that) but the truck s full of them. I think if that were it, a lot more people would be having problems. I’ll try with the visor down. Crossing my fingers.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Are you close enough to your dealer that you can have them come to your house to give it a whirl?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
subscribing.
it works in my Durango R/T but now I want to make sure it works in the 1500 when it gets here.

johnyb777

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to this? The HL in my wife's Honda programmed with no problem, but I can't get the RAM to program.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
When I worked at a Toyota dealer I had someone bring in this problem. I managed to fix it by holding the remote sideways to the homelink unit, not pointing it naturally like you would do to open the garage door. Try the procedure a few times rotating the remote to different positions.

DSPS

Reaction score
Make sure the last part of programming u do is pressing the learn button on the actual garage ceiling !!..then go back to your truck and press the the program button to see if it opens garage... this seem counterintuitive... but this worked for me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kootbiker

Reaction score
you erase all homelink settings to have a clean slate? hold 1st and 3rd buttons for up to 20 sec.

Are there LEDs close to your garage door opener, sometimes those can cause radio interference with garage door remotes
Just picked up a 2019 Ram Rebel and can't get the Homelink to do anything, tried holding two outside buttons down for 20 seconds as the manual says. A message is supposed to come up on the instrument cluster display "clearing channels". That doesn't happen.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird. I programmed mine without even reading the manual and it has been 100% reliable.

But, I don't know if my garage door opener is a rolling code one or not. It's a Chamberlain myQ opener with WiFi. I bought it new and installed it last year.

I just held down button 1 on my HL transmitter, held my garage door remote up to it and held down the transmit button on that.

It seems like I recall that whatever was displayed on the dash didn't seem "right". Maybe it just didn't show anything on the dash to tell me what I was doing? I can't remember now. But, it worked to get my HL transmitter working. I usually hit my button as I turn the corner onto the block where my house is and hit the button and the garage door is halfway up by the time I pull in the driveway (it's a short block and my house is on the corner).

Users who are viewing this thread