5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Smokes I love my 5th Gen Ram 1500 Longhorn

rotts4u

Reaction score
I am likely older than many of you in my upper 50s and I just counted I have owned 7 different trucks in my life with 4 of them being Dodge/Ram. This is my 2nd 1500 and I had 2 diesel 2500s. I spent many months researching trucks and I drove literally everything before buying this one. It is an extra vehicle for me right now so I don't drive it every day that duty is reserved for my Subaru Outback which is also a great vehicle too. But this Ram 1500 Longhorn is just ridiculous. I have a 5.7 E Torque in Billet silver with the two tone brown interior and wow what a great vehicle. As best I recall the 2019 Ram won about 6 truck of the year awards and now I see why. The 12.4 screen and the big hemi is just so powerful and does it with so little effort. I have the 3.92 limited slip and it is so powerful and smooth with the 8 speed tranny. Thus far I only have about 2000 miles on it and they have been flawless. I only drive it 1-2 days a week for now and it really makes me look forward to those days. The suspension is so smooth it doesn't seem like a truck. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee with air suspension and the Ram rides almost as good as the Jeep and that is saying a lot. I see all these negative posts about various things so I wanted to be one that isn't having any problems with anything as of now.

I drove King Ranch, Platnium Fords with various eco boost and even the little Diesel engines and also looked objectively at the chevy and GMC. I still can't believe that GM can produce a vehicle without adaptive cruise in 2020 which for me was a requirement. The GMC and Ford though nice were no match for the Ram. I may have problems later and regret it but as of now I feel as if I bought the best truck on the road today. Ram should probably feature me in a TV commercial or something as I am just a regular business man that is proud to roll up in my 6X truck of the year knowing it is made in America and has all this technology and looks stunning. There is nothing that matches the interior of the Ram. I mean nothing on the road today. What a great package and Ram if you want to contact me for a TV commercial hit me up !! Lol

Attachments

• 2020-01-09 12.36.38.jpg
    2020-01-09 12.36.38.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 113

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I love my 2020 Ram Rebel. I've never owned a Dodge/Chrysler/FCA truck. In fact, I've come from a "Chevy" family, though I've been driving BMW's, and whatnot for about 25 years. I did have a 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew, 2006 Chevy Silverado, and a 2015 Chevy Silverado and I can tell you that this FCA RAM is the best of all of the trucks in so many areas. It's just a joy to drive, and so very comfortable for me. I love the torque of the Hemi, effortless to drive, and keeps up with any of the traffic around Phoenix with ease. I did supplement the truck with a Pedal Commander on straight "City" mode. Needed, no, but just helps a bit. I won't be doing any intake or exhaust changes. Just installation of a catch-can.

rotts4u

Reaction score
I just ordered my catch can tonight, I dont claim to be an expert but it just makes sense to me to keep that oil out of the intake system

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. Love mine as well. Since you own a non fca vehicle you can go grab this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am likely older than many of you in my upper 50s and I just counted I have owned 7 different trucks in my life with 4 of them being Dodge/Ram. This is my 2nd 1500 and I had 2 diesel 2500s. I spent many months researching trucks and I drove literally everything before buying this one. It is an extra vehicle for me right now so I don't drive it every day that duty is reserved for my Subaru Outback which is also a great vehicle too. But this Ram 1500 Longhorn is just ridiculous. I have a 5.7 E Torque in Billet silver with the two tone brown interior and wow what a great vehicle. As best I recall the 2019 Ram won about 6 truck of the year awards and now I see why. The 12.4 screen and the big hemi is just so powerful and does it with so little effort. I have the 3.92 limited slip and it is so powerful and smooth with the 8 speed tranny. Thus far I only have about 2000 miles on it and they have been flawless. I only drive it 1-2 days a week for now and it really makes me look forward to those days. The suspension is so smooth it doesn't seem like a truck. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee with air suspension and the Ram rides almost as good as the Jeep and that is saying a lot. I see all these negative posts about various things so I wanted to be one that isn't having any problems with anything as of now.

I drove King Ranch, Platnium Fords with various eco boost and even the little Diesel engines and also looked objectively at the chevy and GMC. I still can't believe that GM can produce a vehicle without adaptive cruise in 2020 which for me was a requirement. The GMC and Ford though nice were no match for the Ram. I may have problems later and regret it but as of now I feel as if I bought the best truck on the road today. Ram should probably feature me in a TV commercial or something as I am just a regular business man that is proud to roll up in my 6X truck of the year knowing it is made in America and has all this technology and looks stunning. There is nothing that matches the interior of the Ram. I mean nothing on the road today. What a great package and Ram if you want to contact me for a TV commercial hit me up !! Lol
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a great vehicle.

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a chance. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your rig.

Cheers,

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck! These are great trucks. I have a couple of friends who are GM owners, and they both have said they're going to look at Ram when it's time for them to upgrade, after looking at and riding in mine.
Since you mentioned counting vehicles you've owned, my current Laramie is the 47th vehicle I've owned. But only the 4th that I bought new. Works out to 1.175 vehicles for every year I've been driving. Kind of crazy when I think of it.
Anyway, enjoy your new truck!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you mentioned counting vehicles you've owned, my current Laramie is the 47th vehicle I've owned. But only the 4th that I bought new. Works out to 1.175 vehicles for every year I've been driving.

I guess the .175 vehicles were used ones that were not all there and needed repair! :LOL: HaHa. Mike, 47 vehicles are a lot of vehicles. Good for you!

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck! These are great trucks. I have a couple of friends who are GM owners, and they both have said they're going to look at Ram when it's time for them to upgrade, after looking at and riding in mine.
Since you mentioned counting vehicles you've owned, my current Laramie is the 47th vehicle I've owned. But only the 4th that I bought new. Works out to 1.175 vehicles for every year I've been driving. Kind of crazy when I think of it.
Anyway, enjoy your new truck!

Meanwhile, I'm on my third truck since I was 19 (I'm 47 now).

rotts4u

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. Love mine as well. Since you own a non fca vehicle you can go grab this extra rebate.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

I got my check last week !! A nice and unexpected rebate. I buy at "Affiliate" pricing so another rebate made the deal that much sweeter

rotts4u

Reaction score
Be sure to check the driver side pinch weld before it starts leaking. Seems to be a common problem.

Can you tell me more about this pinch weld? Where is it and what is leaking? Aren't pinch welds on bodywork? usually at the bottom?

RJS

Reaction score
I've got kids your age but Ram does build some nice trucks. 77 yo here.
19 Laramie.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread