5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiya!

lylemsharp

Reaction score
I'm Lyle in North Texas. I just bought a 2019 1500 LImited 4x4 with the 3.92 axle and fully loaded last week. That thing is one sweet cowboy Cadillac. Seriously, it puts actual Cadillacs to shame in terms of luxury and ride comfort. I'm very happy with the vehicle so far. My single hang-up is the not close to advertised gasoline mileage I've been getting. Thank goodness it came with a 33 gallon tank, or I would be filling up every other day. I'm going to try turning off the lane keeping assist and adaptive cruise control for my 52 mile commute home this afternoon and see if it helps increase anything besides my general commuting irritation levels. If I don't do it now, I never will. My right knee is very happy with it's extended break from stop and go traffic management and my arms are positively ecstatic at not fighting to keep a nearly 3 ton vehicle between the ditches with lane keeping pitching in some effort before I would normally bother. Whoever put those systems together either did some excellent cooperative driving implementation research, or got very lucky. The GM similar products are nowhere near as unobtrusive and helpful in real world use (my step-daughter has loaded 2019 Denali and I've tested the CTS).

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Oh dang, I want to drive what you’re driving young lady lol..

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nw see most of my time is spent driving my teenaged daughter to and from all of her teenaged events lol. Also I solely use 92 octane, have no clue why it’s what my fuel tank driving friend suggests.

lylemsharp

Reaction score
Hiya Lyle! Congrats on the new ride. My experience was that the fuel economy improved over time, or at least the calculation of it. I’m at 19.1 combined average. :giggle:
Thanks. The economy does seem to be on an upward trend. I'm nearing 2,500 miles and this morning's commute rang in a solid 18.5 mpg. I was getting more like 22 on that same run out of my 2015 Silverado Z71 with 5.3 liter V-8. Those 52 miles seem to go by much faster now, but not because I'm moving any faster. The new RAM is just a joy to drive in comparison.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. The economy does seem to be on an upward trend. I'm nearing 2,500 miles and this morning's commute rang in a solid 18.5 mpg. I was getting more like 22 on that same run out of my 2015 Silverado Z71 with 5.3 liter V-8. Those 52 miles seem to go by much faster now, but not because I'm moving any faster. The new RAM is just a joy to drive in comparison.
Totally agree with that! I was using my Charger for my 50 mile commute. The Ram is more comfy, and feels much more safe. Especially in bad weather, as many Louisiana highways are in bad shape and have standing water after rain.

Users who are viewing this thread