5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Performance Ram Trucks

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Going with the latest news of a 426 Hemi coming to the Rebel Brand and the long rumored Hellcat engine also arriving, one has to wonder what all is in the works.

Of course we have all drooled and discussed the Ram Rebel TRX concept, and there was also the Ram Powerwagon Macho concept, so this leads one to wonder what is coming.

I always go back to a happier time when all I did was plan to own, one each, of the Muscle Pickups and Street Vans known as
"The Adult Toys" by Dodge.

So, going with that, we have the original Macho Powerwagon. Obviously the father of the Rebel, but it wasn't really much more than a sticker package, some cool wheels and a roll bar. The New Rebel And Powerwagon also have real engineering suspensions and drive trains that go with them.

Then we got the Warlock, which was a custom truck built from any of the D100 or W100 trucks. Just an all around good looking truck.

Then, of course, The LRE. Lil Red Express. A 2wd street truck made to take advantage of muscle cars.

And of course there were Ramchargers and Street vans, but we don't have a full size truck based SUV anymore, but I have seen some cool Promasters.

And of course we can't forget The SRT10 Ram, and numerous others like the Ram runner and The Rumble Bee, and I am sure I missed some.

Everyone is ready for the TRX. Alot of people want a street truck. The Powerwagon needs a Lil more power.

So with a 426 Hemi and the hellcat coming to Ram.

What transmissions and rear ends and transfer cases and suspension tuning is really coming. I have heard, shock and SHOCK.

So I am ready to start discussing "The Adult Toys" by RAM.
1f61b.png
1f620.png
1f60e.png
1f608.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6.4l hemi-a light duty version to go in a package like the night or such (rumble bee)

7.0l hemi to go into a street truck along with the Tr

6.2l Hellcat great it WILL be in the TRX, but would like to see it in a package like the Viper Ram SRT10

Just getting some thoughts down.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
6.4l hemi-a light duty version to go in a package like the night or such (rumble bee)

7.0l hemi to go into a street truck along with the Tr

6.2l Hellcat great it WILL be in the TRX, but would like to see it in a package like the Viper Ram SRT10

Just getting some thoughts down.
I'd be ok with any or all of those.
1f44d.png

D

Deleted member103

Guess I'm just a "tender-hearted sole" . . . all I want or need is a 3.6 . . . . . . please don't hate me ! I'm sensitive like that !
263a.png

Is THAT better than the *****cat word ? My my Canadians are SO Sensitive !
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Guess I'm just a "tender-hearted sole" . . . all I want or need is a 3.6 . . . . . . please don't hate me ! I'm sensitive like that !
263a.png

263a.png
icon_lol.gif
too funny.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
icon_lol.gif
too funny.
Gosh gee-willikers THAT was a load off my mind . . . was "worried" you might get mad, taking it some "other" way ! Glad you smiled & chuckled . . . the way it was Intended .
263a.png

1f44d.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
263a.png

263a.png
That being said, the V6 is more engine than the big V8's of yesteryear. You can't go wrong with any of these Ram trucks.

So glad they are giving the best the all the flavors and tastes of potential buyers

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Very true, I learned how to drive in a 93 Silverado with the 350 and that thing made 190 hp, it was a dog lol.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Very true, I learned how to drive in a 93 Silverado with the 350 and that thing made 190 hp, it was a dog lol.
Memories . . . I learned in a semi-beatup Plymouth Valiant (1965-ish?) at the age of 15/16?) while sitting next to my "step-buddy" (just coined that term) -- left foot on the gas, left hand on the wheel -- Interesting to say the least ! Couple years of that and i was "all set" for Drivers Ed at school !
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
it is so amazing how far Ram trucks have come. When the base v6 is more powerful than the all out custom trucks from the 70's.

This is a great time to be a Ram fan. Can't wait to get further into the production of the DT. TRX and TR are just the beginning...
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_lol.gif

Attachments

• 1980 Dodge Power Wagon-05.jpg
    1980 Dodge Power Wagon-05.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 114
  • dodge-warlock-logo.jpg
    dodge-warlock-logo.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 211-400x513.jpg
    211-400x513.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 117

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I've seen more than a few people ask about a street truck in various forums.Chevy used to have the 454SS, I don't remember what Ford's offering was. They seem to come in waves. I always point to the fact that none of the Big 3 currently offer one as evidence that they just don't sustain sales well. High enthusiasm for them from a niche segment, but, as I see more and more requests for street trucks, I'm starting to think there may be a market for them in all this anecdotal evidence. Perhaps because no one offers one, would it be a good idea to be the only game in town? Might be.No better time to do one - you have the Hellcat, no street rod truck competition.I say - throw a half million into a concept, get a bucket of pop-corn, watch the forums light up, engage the bean counters, and see what's what. They could put that concept out there about a year before the TRX starts hitting dealerships, and leap frog the press frenzies.If it's my call to make, I say do it.(but they may have already considered it and know things I don't)

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ford had the Lightning introduced in the mid 90s and then reincarnated it in 1999 with a supercharged 5.4 in a regular cab flareside with lighting specific suspension and other bits. That run until 2004. In 2014 they tried doing a sport truck called the Tremor which was a regular cab Short bed with the 3.5 EcoBoost and I believe the steepest gear set they have. The truck also featured some options that weren't available on regular cabs on any other trim and it had a graphics package. The truck didn't sell well and wasn't revived after the 2015 redesign.

1994 F150 Lightning
(see attachment)

2001 F150 Lightning

(see attachment)

2014 F150 Tremor

(see attachment)

While I would like to see a performance truck from Ram again, as mentioned above the fact that manufacturers come in and out of the segment makes me think it's not too profitable. Then they seem to try again to see how it will do and end up pulling out of the market again.

Attachments

• 18s4g97rwteyejpg.jpg
    18s4g97rwteyejpg.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 90
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 2001-ford-svt-f-150-lighning-instrumented-test-car-and-driver-photo-9750-s-original.jpg
    2001-ford-svt-f-150-lighning-instrumented-test-car-and-driver-photo-9750-s-original.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread