5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Mount 3rd Brake Light Swap

x50

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to swap their non-LED 3rd brake light for the nicer looking clear lens LED one that comes with the tech package? The connector for the lights looks the same.

reg-front-68298380AG.jpg
reg-back-68298380AG.jpg
black-front-68444540AB.jpg
black-back-68444540AB.jpg

x50

Reaction score
Just a thought, I'm planning to get a dash cam, I wonder if I could wire that camera as the rear cam.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Lord! Almost $400…for a CHMSL!! My truck came with the LED/Camera version from the factory as part of the Tech Package but I had no idea how much it cost. One will have to “rent” a pit pull to place in the bed of the truck every night or that will be the next thing the cat converter thieves remove when they hit a Ram.

x50

Reaction score
Good Lord! Almost $400…for a CHMSL!! My truck came with the LED/Camera version from the factory as part of the Tech Package but I had no idea how much it cost. One will have to “rent” a pit pull to place in the bed of the truck every night or that will be the next thing the cat converter thieves remove when they hit a Ram.
They can steal all 4 wheels with wheel locks in under 2 mins. I've seen it done to my buddy's truck in my old hood. Back then security camera motion alerts wasn't a very popular feature.

Users who are viewing this thread