5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi new to the web site. Considering buying a RAM 1500. Which is better the Longhorn or the Limited? Torn between both

MPPM

Reaction score
Hi new to the web site. Considering buying a RAM 1500. Which is better the Longhorn or the Limited? Torn between both

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
That's all a matter of personal preference. How many bells and whistles do you want? How much money do you have to spend? Do you plan to tow? Yes, tow. All those options add up and reduce payload. There are countless threads bewailing the fact that by the time they add a hitch and four or five passengers, there's nothing left for the trailer!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As others said, it all depends on your preference, especially the interior.

My take: the Limited has the nicest grille, while the Longhorn has the nicest interior. Others will have a different take.

Aside from cosmetics (Night Edition, interior color), there’s nothing I know of that’s available on the Limited that you can’t get on the Longhorn.

However, a fully loaded Longhorn will end up a grand or two more expensive than a fully loaded Limited, in large part because some standard features on the Limited (Hemi and air suspension, in particular) are options on the the Longhorn. On a $70K truck, is $1-2K enough to sway you towards your second favorite, if that is the case?

For me, I specifically did not want air suspension, so that made the Longhorn an easy choice (note, Limited is available without air suspension in Canada). But it was already my first choice, and since I ordered mine rather than picked off the lot, no reason not to get it.

That was my decision; base yours on what you like best visually, as they are otherwise about identical.

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Follow up to the above: Based on 2022 pricing, if you want *all* the following features, the Limited ends up being about $1,400 less expensive (as these are standard on the Limited). If you'd rather not have any one of these features, the Longhorn ends up the better buy:

• Air suspension
  • Hemi
  • 12" UConnect 5
For example, if you get the Hemi and 12", but skip the air suspension, the Longhorn is about $400 less expensive.

Once you hit $65-80K, is $1,400 or less a significant factor?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited. Not a big fan of chrome grill on the longhorn or the interior color options.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the wheels, grille, and interior trim of the Longhorn. It fits nicely here in Texas (and actually gets noticed a lot when we're up in Michigan). But as others have said, it's only a matter of preference.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whichever one has the options, look, And price that fits your wants. Other than that neither one is ",better" than the other when it comes to performance, it issues.

Users who are viewing this thread