5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hesitation when accelerating

electric130

Reaction score
When I've been driving at a relatively constant speed and go to accelerate (say to climb a hill) the truck hesitates and almost feels like it's a miss in the engine. 2020 Laramie 4wd, 5.7 hemi with etorque and 14,000 miles. Gotten worse and more consistent in the last couple thousand miles. Anyone dealt with this yet?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
While I don’t have the 5.7, my truck with 3.6 does this when cold, and when accelerating on an incline, also with 4WD Auto engaged. Taking it in Monday for these issues and clunk/bump in the driveline...

electric130

Reaction score
While I don’t have the 5.7, my truck with 3.6 does this when cold, and when accelerating on an incline, also with 4WD Auto engaged. Taking it in Monday for these issues and clunk/bump in the driveline...
Did you get any feedback?

electric130

Reaction score
Multi-Displacement System or Cylinder Deactivation. In ECO mode, the truck cuts off 4 cylinders, I believe, to save fuel. However, when it goes to 4 cylinders, the tone from the exhaust changes which sucks!
Etorque doesn't have eco mode. At least mine doesn't. A buddy has a 2019 non etorque and he has the eco mode. I don't

electric130

Reaction score
eT does have ECO mode standard. Do you have an eT? Your signature doesn't say that you do. If you had eT, you would have both Auto Start/Stop and ECO mode.
I do have etorque with auto start/stop, but I never get the eco light that I've seen in other trucks that are non etorque. And my signature has no bearing on the validity of having etorque. The non etorque trucks I've driven don't have this hesitation. Also, I really didn't notice this until after 10k miles. I'm at 21k miles now.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do have etorque with auto start/stop, but I never get the eco light that I've seen in other trucks that are non etorque. And my signature has no bearing on the validity of having etorque. The non etorque trucks I've driven don't have this hesitation. Also, I really didn't notice this until after 10k miles. I'm at 21k miles now.
Not saying your signature is the end all be all but you should add that to your signature. You must turn the ECO light on through the settings in your radio. You do have ECO...you just don't have the light set to turn on when the truck enters ECO mode.

electric130

Reaction score
Not saying your signature is the end all be all but you should add that to your signature. You must turn the ECO light on through the settings in your radio. You do have ECO...you just don't have the light set to turn on when the truck enters ECO mode.
I checked my settings just now. No eco options

electric130

Reaction score
Here are my settings screens

Attachments

• 20201230_133939.jpg
    20201230_133939.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201230_133945.jpg
    20201230_133945.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201230_133949.jpg
    20201230_133949.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 16

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Etorque doesn't have eco mode. At least mine doesn't. A buddy has a 2019 non etorque and he has the eco mode. I don't
You are mistaken. your eco light is not turned on in the settings in the center cluster, which is why you don’t think you have eco mode.

read if you wish:

Last edited:

Wsmith

Reaction score
Whether or not this has any bearing, mine has a slight hesitation "miss" when going from four cylinder to eight cylinder, especially on an incline, non e torque. Once your light is engaged watch the eco light to see when it goes out, if the hesitation occur then. Some say that the ECO light has no bearing on MDS, I will argue that to my grave, just like it says that auto door locks engage at 15mph, on mine they engage at their will.

electric130

Reaction score
Whether or not this has any bearing, mine has a slight hesitation "miss" when going from four cylinder to eight cylinder, especially on an incline, non e torque. Once your light is engaged watch the eco light to see when it goes out, if the hesitation occur then. Some say that the ECO light has no bearing on MDS, I will argue that to my grave, just like it says that auto door locks engage at 15mph, on mine they engage at their will.
This is exactly what mine is doing. Now that my eco light is enabled, The hesitation is just after the eco light turns off. The hesitation is bad enough sometimes that the truck lurches and everyone's head nods.

Users who are viewing this thread