5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a new one - key fob not detected

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
Key fob not present.... Bwahahaha. It works when I touch the fob to the start button. I know the battery isn't bad because the display would tell me and I already replaced it.

It happens about every 3rd or 4th time.
e9941975630f2d015de66eb98f5ff79e.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox, 5.7l 4x4 3.92, Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards, full ceramic tint
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 35x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires
20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels
Tazer DT, Lomax cover, Bed Rug.

*Future Mods"
Borla s-type exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Can

joshrich

Reaction score
Have you changed out your interior lights w LEDs? I think I read some of them cause interference w the fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pber1

Reaction score
Key fob not present.... Bwahahaha. It works when I touch the fob to the start button. I know the battery isn't bad because the display would tell me and I already replaced it.

It happens about every 3rd or 4th time.
e9941975630f2d015de66eb98f5ff79e.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox, 5.7l 4x4 3.92, Pano Sunroof, level 2 w/ 12", black appearance package, adv. Safety group, Power running boards, full ceramic tint

*Future Mods"
That happened to me last week! Never happened before but just don’t work. I could lock and unlock but when I’d try to start it from the button inside it kept telling me there was no key fob detected. Eventually it said to push the start button in the truck with the key fob, which was weird af, then it just started up and I haven’t had any issues since!

joshrich

Reaction score
Here’s one such thread

Key Fobs and LED interference

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That happened to me last week! Never happened before but just don’t work. I could lock and unlock but when I’d try to start it from the button inside it kept telling me there was no key fob detected. Eventually it said to push the start button in the truck with the key fob, which was weird af, then it just started up and I haven’t had any issues since!
I thought I heard somewhere that the default way to crank when the key battery isn’t working is to push the start button with the fob since there is no where to actually use a key.

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
Here’s one such thread

Key Fobs and LED interference

I haven't changed the bulbs to leds yet. But that's a great post for when I do

*Future Mods"

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Happens all the time, no rhyme or reason. I just press OK, and push button and it usually starts.

Actually I think it’s lots of computer processing going on, and sometimes it just confused. But really the confusion starts sometimes after start up, as my power running boards hesitate sometimes and don’t retract after closing the door, promptly. Not a problem, they do retract in a moment or two. Not something that happens often, but does occur.

Just part of all that Technology installed in our vehicles today, and perhaps the computer processing power may be not as powerful as needed. Just a guess, I certainly don’t know. But all in all, no complaints. It’s a Fantastic, Comfortable, Excellent Designed Luxury Truck!

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
I find that if you just push the start button to acc then run, then put your foot on the brake to start it, it works every time.

*Future Mods"

barr0208

Reaction score
I had a different problem it wouldn't start even when I push the start button with fob you could be having issues with the receiver in the truck.

jniemuth

Reaction score
I have the issue for a while now. Turns out it was my fault because I changed the raised stop light and bed lights to LED. The brake light LED was interfering with the FOB. Changed the middle bulb back to the original one (left the two outside ones with the new LED's) and problem went away. Starts every time now.

Mavrcks

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I came across this one because the issue happened to me recently. Thought it was the battery so I changed it and still happened. But once I saw this thread it dawned on me I did replace the cargo and 3rd brake light with led's. But I did find a good work around to keep the upgrades and no problems.

If I push the start button to ACC then press brake and turn to RUN it works 99.9% of the time. Had no issue with it saying not detached since doing it this way.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to me several times. I checked the battery and it had 2.95 volts so all was good. Guess it just gets confused.

RDSCOTT716

Reaction score
I had a different problem it wouldn't start even when I push the start button with fob you could be having issues with the receiver in the truck.
Saw your post about the FOB issue an was curious if you had to replace the receiver? My truck is also not detecting the FOB; and will have to use it to push the start button. One time tho that didn't work and switched to the spare and also had to press the fob to the start button but did start. Frustrating to say the least. Was yours also hit or miss to start with or just quit working altogether? I've replaced the fob batteries as well. Thanks in advance!

deberwein2

Reaction score
I am having same issue with my 2019 Ram 2500 6.7L HD with 12k miles. I can remote start truck, passive door unlock works, but when I get in the truck and press the brake pedal and start button it dies and say key FOB not detected. Pressing FOB to start button not working. Replaced battery in FOB twice and same issue. Took it to dealer and they say they cannot get it to fail.
I have owned the truck for 2 months and have not made any bulb changes. I did install a wireless cell phone charging cradle

ramwb

Reaction score
Guys, i have the same issue - both fobs. Took it to the dealer couldn't find anything. I noticed the following:
- Push the button to get it ACC - then it will work - this is the work around that i am using
- If you open the passenger door - it will say that fob has left the car (when car is running)

I will take it to the dealer again as it is happening all the time

Side note: noticed radio playing 2 tracks on its own - i cannot figure this one out -if anyone can help tell me where to post?

ramwb

Reaction score
took it to the dealer twice now - nothing they can do - frustrates the hell out of me. Also when someone opens the passenger door any door reports that the key fob has left the car.
Any help?
How do it get to RAM to report this to them if the dealer cannot help?

Reaction score
I'm experiencing something similar with the key fobs. Saturday, I tried unlocking my truck with the fob and nothing. Used key to get in and found truck battery was dead. Battery was drained down to 30% ish. Once battery was charged I noticed the start/stop button would not work. I do NOT get the key-fob-not- detected message in the driver info center. Inside the truck the lights come on, door lock work and can turn headliggts on. The Uconnect screen will wake up and display RAM then go black. I reckon Im looking at a tow to the dealership, to add to it the parking brake will not release.

TinCap

Reaction score
I'm experiencing something similar with the key fobs. Saturday, I tried unlocking my truck with the fob and nothing. Used key to get in and found truck battery was dead. Battery was drained down to 30% ish. Once battery was charged I noticed the start/stop button would not work. I do NOT get the key-fob-not- detected message in the driver info center. Inside the truck the lights come on, door lock work and can turn headliggts on. The Uconnect screen will wake up and display RAM then go black. I reckon Im looking at a tow to the dealership, to add to it the parking brake will not release.
Looks like I am having the same issue with my 2019 Ram Rebel. Parked the truck and was running great 3 days later exact same issue. Truck doesn’t recognize key fob, lights work, radio goes black after showing RAM, nothing works other than power locks. Battery is 96% and 10amps. Tried new battery just to see. Same issue. Disconnected battery for 1 hour to reset ECU with no change. Will have to tow tomorrow to dealership. Did you ever have any luck getting it fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread