5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helwig Anti-Sway Bar

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I installed a Helwig Sway bar to the rear of my 2019 Longhorn. It is a solid bar vs the thin wall bar that comes stock on the rear. There are 3 holes available to adjust the amount of sway allowed. I am running mine in the middle holes now. I haven’t tried the other positions yet. The center position made a huge difference. I am very pleased with the Helwig unit.
I installed a Motofab 2” leveling kit today and now my truck looks how I wanted it to look. I am going to have an alignment on Monday but if it is out of line after installing the Motofab spacer it isn’t noticeable. I have 275/60/20 KO2’s and the alignment check is just to try to get maximum life out of those tires

spaightlabs

Reaction score
I installed a Helwig Sway bar to the rear of my 2019 Longhorn. It is a solid bar vs the thin wall bar that comes stock on the rear. There are 3 holes available to adjust the amount of sway allowed. I am running mine in the middle holes now. I haven’t tried the other positions yet. The center position made a huge difference. I am very pleased with the Helwig unit.
I installed a Motofab 2” leveling kit today and now my truck looks how I wanted it to look. I am going to have an alignment on Monday but if it is out of line after installing the Motofab spacer it isn’t noticeable. I have 275/60/20 KO2’s and the alignment check is just to try to get maximum life out of those tires

Man - that looks great! :ROFLMAO:

C'mon man, you can't post up about stuff like this without pics.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’d love to hear more about how different it feels, do you want to try the other settings at all?

Pictures of your truck too please.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
With the new sway bar it feels like my 2013 Ram that had the air suspension. It doesn’t float around as much as it did with the stock sway bar. It just feels more planted. Especially in corners. There is a road I travel on the way to my farm that has a lot of turns and hills. Once I travel that road I will decide if I want to try the firmest setting.
As for the request for pictures of my truck, I don’t know how to do that yet. I need to search the forum for instructions on attaching pictures

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the new sway bar it feels like my 2013 Ram that had the air suspension. It doesn’t float around as much as it did with the stock sway bar. It just feels more planted. Especially in corners. There is a road I travel on the way to my farm that has a lot of turns and hills. Once I travel that road I will decide if I want to try the firmest setting.
As for the request for pictures of my truck, I don’t know how to do that yet. I need to search the forum for instructions on attaching pictures

You just take a picture and hit attach files. Done.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I have air suspension and ran the center hole for 3k miles. I've recently switched to the inner most hole for the firmest setting and it is way better to me. Hardly any wobble. Leaving it on the inner permanently. Without this sway bar, I felt like the truck was way too wobbly. Very pleased with the upgrade and my experience matches with the op.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm curious about this, do you need to do a re-alignment or anything expensive like that after swapping the sway bar? I'm guessing not, but I don't want to be surprised either.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
You don’t need an alignment after swapping the rear sway bar. After reading Rototerrier’s post, I adjusted the Hellwig into the stiffest setting. He is right, it is even better now.
I am pleased with both the sway bar and the Motofab 2” leveling kit. I have attached some pics of my truck after the leveling kit install. A3626376-7F76-4D34-B723-46C21B70EFA4.jpeg 5C9EB15D-B7E1-4E61-8214-E77E4DC5EEED.jpeg 3205F377-276F-415E-9A79-A5DC29718A56.jpeg 58FA6F2B-070A-4EF1-BA41-44A1D55B28E3.jpeg B6035E46-9678-48B4-9E0C-93DDDE23CAF8.jpeg

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys that have the Limited, with the air suspension, can the factory end-links coupled with the 7709 Sway Bar handle the Off-Road 2 height, or did you have to get the 7883 lifted model with the adjustable end links?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread