5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Reverse ParkSense Audio Warnings

jent

Reaction score
I have done some searching, and can't seem to find anything like what I am about to describe. I suspect the answer will be I need a trip to a dealer, but let me ask in case there is anything I can check or not understanding.

I would like to get an audio warning when in reverse from my parksense sensors. However I can't seem to get any audio warning.

I can see the range warnings on the gauge cluster, and have even gotten so close as to engage the active breaking. However no beeps or audio warning, EXCEPT for once when I believe it was my blind spot monitoring detecting a shopping cart to my side.

In UConnect I have it set to warning + active breaking, and have tried multiple audio volume levels. Normally my radio is very low to off, so I would expect I should hear any volume level from the reverse senors.

Is there anything else I should check, or do I need to go to the dealer? I find it quite strange the system is notifying in the cluster, but with no audio warning. Thank you!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My forward and reverse sensors give audible warnings. It lowers the radio volume significantly so you can hear them. I'd suspect something is wrong with the system if it's not giving them to you. I also have the braking off cause F that slamming on the brakes for nothing.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to see if there is a way to disable the audible warning my park sense gives me. I don't need to hear a warning if there is also a visual warning. Seems redundant to me. Please let us know if you get this figured out, and maybe I can do the opposite of what you do the get that enabled.

I also have the braking off cause F that slamming on the brakes for nothing.
I'm with you on that. I'm the only one who gets to slam the brakes on in my truck. 😁

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is volume setting. On the 12' settings, go to settings>safety&driving assistance>park sense. I'm sure it's similar on 8.4. It doesn't have off but low, medium and high. Doesn't explain why yours is muted but perhaps try a higher setting. Mine is plenty loud on low setting.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been meaning to see if there is a way to disable the audible warning my park sense gives me. I don't need to hear a warning if there is also a visual warning. Seems redundant to me. Please let us know if you get this figured out, and maybe I can do the opposite of what you do the get that enabled.
Audible warnings are good. There are times when I am backing in, and using my mirrors like a man, and the audible alarm is nice to have because you can't look in your mirrors and at the evic at same time. Mirrors for not hitting something beside you like backing into a garage.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Audible warnings are good. There are times when I am backing in, and using my mirrors like a man, and the audible alarm is nice to have because you can't look in your mirrors and at the evic at same time. Mirrors for not hitting something beside you like backing into a garage.
Using your mirrors like a man. :ROFLMAO: That's awesome. What would you call using your surround view cameras? :p
I primarily use my mirrors when backing up. My secondary guide is my surround view. I shift my eyes between the two when backing up, and is a natural progression when looking from the left to the right side mirrors. The parking sensors are less accurate. I dislike the audible warning so much that I have the rear sensors turned off. I don't like hearing the audible warnings when I know exactly where I am in space based on my mirrors and the surround view cameras.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate the rear parksense warnings. My driveway is pretty steep so my truck would slam the brakes as I backed in or out. So, I turned them off and just haven't used them since.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have surround view cameras, just back up camera. And I rarely use that. Just all personal preference. Not having to take my eyes off of what's going on outside, and still having the audible tones to know how close you are getting helps me.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have surround view cameras, just back up camera. And I rarely use that. Just all personal preference. Not having to take my eyes off of what's going on outside, and still having the audible tones to know how close you are getting helps me.
The backup camera is looking outside and is a lot more helpful than the rearview mirror. It does take getting used to, but that's the case with any added technology.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The backup camera is looking outside and is a lot more helpful than the rearview mirror. It does take getting used to, but that's the case with any added technology.
Depends on what you are looking at. I find it easier to back in straight using mirrors than the camera view.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends on what you are looking at. I find it easier to back in straight using mirrors than the camera view.
I would agree with that before I got used to incorporating the camera into my scan. Now, when I drive a vehicle without a camera, it seems like someone took one of my mirrors away.

jent

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer, they could not figure it out. Everything seems like it should be working, and they reset the radio and the truck computer but no change. They said next steps would be to open a Star ticket, and that would take at least one or two nights for them to debug with their engineers.

I don't really want to go through that for such a minor feature. If a future software update fixes it I will try to update the thread, but otherwise, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread