5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Rubber cell phone holder piece removal

KRField

Reaction score
I have something rattling/sliding around behind the rubber backing pad of the cell phone holder. Is there a way to get that piece off without having to take half the dash apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRField

Reaction score
It wasn’t fun, a real royal pain. The pad is plastic welded into the housing. They could have just used rubber nipples to allow it to be easily removed. I installed the trailer brake module so dove in and took it apart. There was a dime that somehow got in there.

KRField

Reaction score
I can't imagine needing wireless charging that bad :cool:

Right there with ya, CarPlay needs to be wired so I see no need for it. However the getting rid of the noise was worth the frustration. The nerve racking part was praying not to break a clip or wire connection.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like to use mine wireless charing but just hate how you need to put it in correctly for it to work, anyway i put a sticker on the pad where the phone needed to seat for it to work and it is working every time now.

Users who are viewing this thread