5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP. Installed power steps NOT WORKING!

VOND

Reaction score
I just installed the Ram factory Power Steps on my New Big horn. They say in the back of the instructions to Add Sales Code MR7. How can I get them to work without taking it to the dealer? I installed to save money. No one told me about Sales Codes. Right now the Power Steps are halfway out. I look like I'm fixing to take flight! Newbie here. Thanks.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you have the witech(not sure if thats the correct spelling) computer the dealers have than you should be able to install it. I wouldn't think they would sell those to anyone other than the dealer though. My brother has one as he works at a dealer and he is not allowed to even bring it home.

VOND

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Meanwhile, I will be looking like I'm about to take fight with them halfway down. Do you know how to get into the uconnect 8.4 dealer screen on the 2019 Ram new body? You could on most of all Chrysler, Dodge, Rams. But this has a new button design. The old way was a sequence of three buttons on the radio and the air conditioner.

leonandlisa

Reaction score
How much were the steps? How hard was install? And I also think you will need to go to dealer to activate, so let us know how much that cost if you don’t mind.

Thanks

xo151

Reaction score
Did you confirm all the wiring connections are in place? They should work even without the code. I installed mine and when I connected my battery and opened a door, the steps extended all the way out. Close the door and they retract.

Bram2019

Reaction score
If this required a power step module to be installed which the Mopar kit does, you need to have Chrysler service add the MR7 code to your VIN as a dealer installed accessory option, wait 15 minutes, then the tech will need to connect Witech to your vehicle to download the new configuration to your BCM via Restore Vehicle Configuration. This updates the BCM to let it know you have installed the power steps and module which allows it communicate on the bus. Then it may require a proxy alignment which the tech will do at the same time. It will then work. It will never work unless this is done.

VOND

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Meanwhile, I will be looking like I'm about to take fight with them halfway down. Do you know how to get into the uconnect 8.4 dealer screen on the 2019 Ram new body? You could on most of all Chrysler, Dodge, Rams. But this has a new button design. The old way was a sequence of three buttons on the radio and the air conditioner.
How much were the steps? How hard was install? And I also think you will need to go to dealer to activate, so let us know how much that cost if you don’t mind.

Thanks
I don't know off the top off my head the price. I will look at the invoice and advise. I did take it to the dealer and they flashed it for free.

warmachine

Reaction score
If you have the witech(not sure if thats the correct spelling) computer the dealers have than you should be able to install it. I wouldn't think they would sell those to anyone other than the dealer though. My brother has one as he works at a dealer and he is not allowed to even bring it home.

Only certain people at the dealer have the ability to change sales codes so he would be unable to change it even if he had access to a WiTech pod. Sales code addition requires access to Dealerconnect and only the Dealer Principal, Sales manager, Service manager or Foreman will have the privileges required.

Reaction score
where did you get these steps? how much where they? I would love t add them to my Laramie. any help would be awesome

Rwillistx

Reaction score
I don't know off the top off my head the price. I will look at the invoice and advise. I did take it to the dealer and they flashed it for free.
congrats do you have the control in the radio to lock running boards in down position?

1FSTHEMI

Reaction score
Sweet I am looking into getting these also, I wonder how much they would charge for the code to be programmed to my pcm here in Houston.

Dam714

Reaction score
Need to have the dealer flash the computer and add them as an option on a dealer only accessible mopar site. Just did the same thing, thought the parts guy would give me heads up when I bought them, but no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/