5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help: How to search truck inventory nationwide

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
What is the best truck search tool you guys are using to search nationwide.

I want to do a targeted search for trucks with certain features like the 3.92 axle, eTorque, and rambox. The best one I found is ramtrucks.com , their own search tool. However it drives me nuts that I am limited to a max distance of 150miles for the search.

1534780293409.png

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 85

What is the best truck search tool you guys are using to search nationwide.

I want to do a targeted search for trucks with certain features like the 3.92 axle, eTorque, and rambox. The best one I found is ramtrucks.com , their own search tool. However it drives me nuts that I am limited to a max distance of 150miles for the search.

View attachment 3024

Any ideas?
In Canada, us dealers can search up-to 3000 kms from our dealership. Reach out to a dealer and have them do a search on your behalf, we can even filter the must-haves.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
In Canada, us dealers can search up-to 3000 kms from our dealership. Reach out to a dealer and have them do a search on your behalf, we can even filter the must-haves.
Yeah not ready to talk to dealer yet.. just want to search myself.

Ken1085

Reaction score
Cars.com is decent. Fine tuning specs is not as detailed as ramtrucks but good for getting idea of colors/ wheel combinations

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cars.com and using the keyword search can narrow it down a lot. Like when I was in the market for a f150, I could pick 4X4, crew cab, then 502a in the keywords. I just did it for the ram box and it shows 48 in the nation but no dealers have posted pictures yet. Not 100 accurate and would certainly let you down when searching for specific gear ratios. When I was trying to find a patriot blue Limited, I just picked multiple zip codes from about 500 mile reach from me in all directions. No great way, but I was able to find more trucks my way than the dealer was able to in their system. May have been they just weren't trying hard enough.

Rayzram

Reaction score
I had the best luck with Cars.com, but as mentioned you need to sort of know what you want as far as major trim levels because thinning it out with options is slim.

pinkerton

Reaction score
I have the same problem! I'm trying to find a:
Limited
4x4
Crew
5' 7"
33 gal tank
Sunroof
Body Color Bumpers
Any Color

You just can't search for this at ramtruck.com