5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help finding oil cartridge 060521154

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We all know about the oil filter shortages recently. Because of that, I started using ecoguard filters. They are built just like OEM housings and cartridges, which I confirmed by disassembling and checking with a micrometer. These and OEM filters could actually be reused if the cartridge were swapped. What I’m trying to find is the cartridge by itself, and while I’m pretty good at searching, I’m not as good as others may be. Is anyone willing to help find generic cartridge number 060521154? Pic below. I don’t mind buying bulk if that’s all that’s available, and I’d end up reselling some of them to anyone here at no profit.

57C57527-04DB-49B9-8D55-E127893427F6.jpeg

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The New Gen 3 Eco Diesels use the combined filter/housing as there is a Bypass valve in there now. I get them from dieselfilersonline.com

I just did an Oil change on my '21 RAM Ecodiesel. Apparently I didn't get the filter fully installed.
As I was driving it and as the Oil heated up, I got a Low Oil Pressure warning. I got it back to work
as the Gauge said I had oil pressure but it was Red. I pulled the filter, checked the two o-rings were
OK, re-lubed them and then reinstalled. The filter screwed in further than when I first did it. No more
Low Oil Pressure warning.

Malodave

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s the older style without the opening on the housing side of the cartridge. I will probably end up contacting a few well-known manufacturers in China (where all the aftermarket cartridges on amazon originate from). I think an MOQ of 200 would be fine, but I’ll be out of the market if they only have MOQ’s of 500-1000. Plus there’s the unpleasantry of China to mainland US shipping.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 3rd Gen housing is different from the second Gen, when I first got my 2020 ecodiesel the factory element was removable. When compared to the 2nd Gen filter element the mounting tabs inside were not the same.

Old filter had a round base, new filter has 4 feet that lock into the housing.

Edit: I just took apart a cheap Amazon filter and it is nearly identical to the mopar filter at 1/3 of the price. Mopar filters are pushing $90 Canadian right now which is ridiculous.

I also have purchased carquest and amazon fuel filters to compare to the mopar filters and they to are identical, just aren’t stamped mopar. Amazon recently had fuel filters on sale for under $20, compared to over $100 Canadian for the carquest or mopar filters they are a great deal.

My local dealer hasn’t had stock of fuel filters for quite some time and have been using carquest filters on all Cummins and ecodiesel trucks that require them.

Attachments

• 0CA05545-B9BE-4FA4-B96B-54785D151269.jpeg
    0CA05545-B9BE-4FA4-B96B-54785D151269.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
  • C061C622-FB68-404C-A060-909CB4B7018C.jpeg
    C061C622-FB68-404C-A060-909CB4B7018C.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 3rd Gen housing is different from the second Gen, when I first got my 2020 ecodiesel the factory element was removable. When compared to the 2nd Gen filter element the mounting tabs inside were not the same.

Old filter had a round base, new filter has 4 feet that lock into the housing.

Edit: I just took apart a cheap Amazon filter and it is nearly identical to the mopar filter at 1/3 of the price. Mopar filters are pushing $90 Canadian right now which is ridiculous.

I also have purchased carquest and amazon fuel filters to compare to the mopar filters and they to are identical, just aren’t stamped mopar. Amazon recently had fuel filters on sale for under $20, compared to over $100 Canadian for the carquest or mopar filters they are a great deal.

My local dealer hasn’t had stock of fuel filters for quite some time and have been using carquest filters on all Cummins and ecodiesel trucks that require them.
I've heard the bypass on the cheap oil filters isn't as good.

Do the cheap fuel filters say the micron rating anywhere?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The New Gen 3 Eco Diesels use the combined filter/housing as there is a Bypass valve in there now. I get them from dieselfilersonline.com

I just did an Oil change on my '21 RAM Ecodiesel. Apparently I didn't get the filter fully installed.
As I was driving it and as the Oil heated up, I got a Low Oil Pressure warning. I got it back to work
as the Gauge said I had oil pressure but it was Red. I pulled the filter, checked the two o-rings were
OK, re-lubed them and then reinstalled. The filter screwed in further than when I first did it. No more
Low Oil Pressure warning.

Malodave
Use a 27mm socket to torque it down next time. Just keep going until it snugs up nice.
The filter is pretty tight to thread on by hand and you won't get it seated properly.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard the bypass on the cheap oil filters isn't as good.

Do the cheap fuel filters say the micron rating anywhere?

They do not, but everything even down to the o-ring color and injection molding marks are identical. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were made in the same factory in china and just sold in a brown box.

I have a mighty M9044 filter ordered through work I am going to check out, our cost is roughly $25 Canadian which makes it cheaper than the Amazon filters. We are supposed to list it at $99 retail…

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use a 27mm socket to torque it down next time. Just keep going until it snugs up nice.
The filter is pretty tight to thread on by hand and you won't get it seated properly.

I had a 1/2" Ratchet and 27mm socket and it got tight. So I thought I was good.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread