5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help 8.4” uconnect 5 error “restart system”

CnyRver

Reaction score
Been having issues with my uconnect 5 (8.4”) On my 2022 1500 Big Horn. First SXM wouldn’t work. Dealer had to do 2 hard resets and had the the truck for 2 days. Now Sirius works but just noticed I can’t use the radio in ACC mode (battery, engine not running). I get “error please restart system”. I have tried to do a reset which works sometimes. Then once truck is shut off and back onto ACC the error comes back. If I just start it right up the radio works fine. Any ideas before wasting another day at the dealer?

Attachments

• 4D3AC3F9-EC9C-4527-BEE8-F5FE63FD94F1.jpeg
    4D3AC3F9-EC9C-4527-BEE8-F5FE63FD94F1.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 17

boxman

Reaction score
I have a new 2022 Bighorn also. Unconnect 8.4. I had same problems. I got back my Sirius by doing a radio reset by holding in the radio volume/power knob for about 10 seconds. I also have same problem in ACC. I have to push start button twice to "run" setting to get everything to work. (Not touching brake pedal)
I now lost my press to talk phone capability and can't get text messages on screen.
I have been on phone with Uconnect, Ram Cares, Sirius. No one has answers.

I have been putting off going to dealer as I figure they'll want to keep truck as you said.

CnyRver

Reaction score
I have a new 2022 Bighorn also. Unconnect 8.4. I had same problems. I got back my Sirius by doing a radio reset by holding in the radio volume/power knob for about 10 seconds. I also have same problem in ACC. I have to push start button twice to "run" setting to get everything to work. (Not touching brake pedal)
I now lost my press to talk phone capability and can't get text messages on screen.
I have been on phone with Uconnect, Ram Cares, Sirius. No one has answers.

I have been putting off going to dealer as I figure they'll want to keep truck as you said.
Yeah I had SXM issues also. The dealer reset my radio 2x and fixed it. Now I can’t use the radio unless my truck is running. I’m going back to the dealer today. They said they are having tons of defective radio issues and have to log 2 repairs on my truck to order a new radio (which is back ordered with no date due to high volume issues). Maybe @RamCares can escalate or look into why the uconnect 5 radios are having so many issues. Even my son who bought a new 2022 Ram 1500 Big horn has speaker issues and low volume. Nothing like a $56k radio experiment.

CnyRver

Reaction score
He is the answer from Ram! Just wait while they figure it out lol.

Attachments

• 57EB59A8-7B6B-41DF-A285-4F47FD5AA29F.jpeg
    57EB59A8-7B6B-41DF-A285-4F47FD5AA29F.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 32

CnyRver

Reaction score
I have the same and it has not happened to me yet.

might have something to do with the e-torque?
Hmmm, maybe. My son has a 2022 Bighorn 1500 also and his is ok on battery. He had other issues that seems to be corrected with last update. I’m starting to second guess my decision on getting the eTorque option. Either way obviously I’m not the only one since there is a star case#. Hopefully just a software patch.

rickrfa

Reaction score
Just saw your post regarding the code error problem, I have a 2022 2500 bighorn 8.4 non nav, exactly the same problem, I posted about it in the HD Ram forums. Been to the dealer twice, first time they were going to replace the radio, ram asked them to run some additional diagnostics the second time then they ordered a new radio (guess they didn't look up the problem in STAR). Just replaced today, still the same problem. Said they have put the issue into STAR now. Have you heard any updates yet from FCA or your dealership?

A workaround to allow using ACC mode is to set the power off delay to something other than zero (I have mine set to 10 min), then without putting your foot on the brake, press twice quickly to go to run mode. Once the radio comes on, you can push the button twice to go back to ACC mode

Users who are viewing this thread