5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from CT

ksneubec

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New Ram owner here, traded in a 2018 Raptor. So far I love it with a few minor glitches. Hope to learn a lot here- thanks.

Attachments

• Rebel1.jpg
    Rebel1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 10

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck! What ultimately made you decide to step away from the Raptor and what glitches have you noticed so far with the Rebel? Welcome to the group!

ksneubec

Reaction score
Nice truck! What ultimately made you decide to step away from the Raptor and what glitches have you noticed so far with the Rebel? Welcome to the group!
Thank you! No "good" reason for selling the Raptor- I managed to buy the Rebel at a time I could still get a good price from the dealer, plus a VERY good value for the trade in. It made sense financially, as much as selling a vehicle ever does. That being said I guess I was just ready for something new. I did look into a new Raptor and they are going to be way more expensive for the same level build so that was the final nail in the coffin.

Glitches- for the first 24 hrs of ownership, UConnect kept (apparently) trying to connect to some sort of bluetooth device, so that every 30 sec a warning would come on the screen saying something like "can't connect to device." Of course I wasn't trying to connect to anything. Then it just stopped doing this on its own.

I also keep getting an airbag fault show up on my message screen, usually within a minute or so of starting the truck. The dealer tried a "hard reset" already and it worked for about an hour. Now it is going back in for a fix, hopefully. First thing I did when I joined this forum is look this up, and apparently its happened to a few others.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Where in CT are you? I'm just outside of Hartford. I picked up a 21 Built To Serve a few weeks ago. I noticed the "connection" thing but I had my phone in bluetooth mode and plugged into a USB port under the radio. I actually use the bluetooth to stream my music from my phone though. I'm finding the Uconnect a little confusing since I came from a 2011 Ram that had none of these features.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . Hopefully they get everything figured out quick and you can enjoy the Rebel .

Users who are viewing this thread