5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hell wig

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
k so im convinced on purchasing a hellwig but right now idk which hellwig to get the longer version or shorter ( i believe it has two sizes )... So i am geting rear springs which is between clayton and dobinson heavy duty spring im after a spring that would handle the most weight in the bed . since i am lifting rear i was looking if i needed to change my rear control arms or end links.
So far i was looking at the core 4x4

can anyone help me decide

Last edited:

cervelo15

Reaction score
k so im convinced on purchasing a hellwig but right now idk which hellwig to get the longer version or shorter ( i believe it has two sizes )... So i am geting rear springs which is between clayton and dobinson heavy duty spring im after a spring that would handle the most weight in the bed . since i am lifting rear i was looking if i needed to change my rear control arms or end links.
So far i was looking at the core 4x4

can anyone help me decide
I think you’re going to get both arguments on this, but I think the purpose of a sway bar is to remain level and take the sway out of the rear end. So will those springs lift the rear end at all? If it’s an inch or 2, I wouldn’t think it’s necessary. But you’re planning 2+”, you should probably replace them. It’s all about checking the level of the sway bar after the springs are on.

im checking out the core 4x4 as well. They are nice because the have the grease inserts for applying grease.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you’re going to get both arguments on this, but I think the purpose of a sway bar is to remain level and take the sway out of the rear end. So will those springs lift the rear end at all? If it’s an inch or 2, I wouldn’t think it’s necessary. But you’re planning 2+”, you should probably replace them. It’s all about checking the level of the sway bar after the springs are on.

im checking out the core 4x4 as well. They are nice because the have the grease inserts for applying grease.
yes i ordered springs so i can see height first and then go from thier

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes i ordered springs so i can see height first and then go from thier

Which springs did you go with ? I’m looking hard at the Dobinson 2” lift and extra load ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you should probably read this thread

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you should probably read this thread

i read it hence why im confused

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bar is the same regardless of part number. If you’re going to lift you will want the new end links to accommodate the extra height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread