5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering Is hot.... confirmation.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is a hit and miss, sometimes hot other times I turn it off then back on as it's only luke warm. My 2014 Outdoorsman was the same way.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Wrangler JLUR and the steering wheel heats up super fast and is HOT. My 2020 RAM is slow to heat up and not hot.

RJS

Reaction score
Probably only about 30 deg cooler than an unheated one setting in the sun on a hot summer day down south. My 19 Laramie does get darn warm so I shut it off after about 3 min but boy does it feel good in the Michigan winters as it also heats up fast also.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife says her 2019 Wrangler is way hotter than the RAM. She says it does get too hot and she won’t have it on for more than 2 minutes.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel in the winter , remote start , brush off the snow and I have a nice warm seat and steering wheel .

Rototerrier

Reaction score
my wheel gets scorching hot. I typically only fire it up for a few minutes and then turn it off.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine gets hot as well. I have to keep my hands off the leather part and on the faux wood at the top or turn it off.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I don’t use mine after it burned me the one time. Nice to have the option of a warm wheel though.

M3Master

Reaction score
I used my heated wheel for the first time yesterday. Yea, I noticed that too....hot AF! Had to turn it off.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I wonder if the hotness of the steering wheel has anything to do with the leather on the steering wheel peeling or delaminating like I've seen on here and Facebook?

Truckguy

Reaction score
I wonder if the hotness of the steering wheel has anything to do with the leather on the steering wheel peeling or delaminating like I've seen on here and Facebook?
My steering wheel has a sticky feel to it if my hand stays in one spot to long. Probably my only complaint of the interior.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
No complaints here after a Maine winter...I enjoy it, it is not too hot for me, but way better than my old GMC. Only good thing there was the heater button was on the steering wheel, so easier to hit on/off.

Anyone who has been "burned" by the steering wheel, probably needs to take into the dealer for service.

Polaris snowmobiles just came out with a hand warmer system that monitors wind, temperatures, etc. and the user has 3 settings, with 3 individualized, programmed temperatures. Even in the outside, on the trail, it is supposed to keep the same temperatures. They are called, "Smartwarmers." Auto manufacturers should check it out and use it...if not patented already.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a new steering wheel 3 weeks ago under warranty and it is not as hot as the one that was the original (Build Date of July 2018). I am thinking that they made a change due to feedback.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a new steering wheel 3 weeks ago under warranty and it is not as hot as the one that was the original (Build Date of July 2018). I am thinking that they made a change due to feedback.
Me too. Just had mine replaced last week due to peeling.

It was cool this morning so I tried the steering wheel heat to make sure it was working. I was ready to cycle the switch because it usually gets really hot, but it didn't.

I'm not sure what the part number was that was installed on the assembly line but the one I got last week is part number 6XS002X7AB (wheel-steering).

It's actually a comfortable temperature now. I no longer need oven mitts to drive with my steering wheel heat on. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread