5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Seat not coming on with Remote Start

BFDM

Reaction score
2019 Ram Big Horn with Remote Start....

According to the owners manual, the Heated Seat SHOULD come on during a Remote Start. On the UConnect screen, under AUTO-ON Comfort there are three boxes to check. OFF - ON WITH REMOTE START - ON WITH ALL STARTS.

I've tried both of the last two and neither work. It's 50F out.

Now, call me a whiney prima dona, but I spent big money on this truck and this idiotically small feature was one of the reasons I went whole hog and didn't buy a 5-year-old Silverado or F150. I custom built this truck and waited 6 weeks to get it. Now that the cold weather is here and this feature isn't working....well let's just say I'm not too happy. LOVE the truck. HATE this development.

I've looked online and this seems to be a common complaint.

Shi%

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram Big Horn with Remote Start....

According to the owners manual, the Heated Seat SHOULD come on during a Remote Start. On the UConnect screen, under AUTO-ON Comfort there are three boxes to check. OFF - ON WITH REMOTE START - ON WITH ALL STARTS.

I've tried both of the last two and neither work. It's 50F out.

Now, call me a whiney prima dona, but I spent big money on this truck and this idiotically small feature was one of the reasons I went whole hog and didn't buy a 5-year-old Silverado or F150. I custom built this truck and waited 6 weeks to get it. Now that the cold weather is here and this feature isn't working....well let's just say I'm not too happy. LOVE the truck. HATE this development.

I've looked online and this seems to be a common complaint.

Shi%

50 is too warm and Ram made no adjustment to the temp. It's on our first world problems wish list.

BFDM

Reaction score
I've been through my manual several times, I have yet to find a target temp. Only the words, "When Remote Start is activated, the heated steering wheel and drivers heated seat features will automatically turn on IN COLD WEATHER."

Happy to hear that it should work at 40F. Fingers crossed. I've got a bad back. That heated seat feels great to me at 50F.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been through my manual several times, I have yet to find a target temp. Only the words, "When Remote Start is activated, the heated steering wheel and drivers heated seat features will automatically turn on IN COLD WEATHER."
I think the reason you could not find it is because you are referencing the Users Guide provided when you purchased your truck. Look on line, in this forum and you can find an electronic copy of the Owners Manual.
Happy to hear that it should work at 40F. Fingers crossed. I've got a bad back. That heated seat feels great to me at 50F.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It works for me, but I wish the temps could be adjusted. I have low body fat so run cold most of the time, and have to run the seat warmers even in the 50-60s. I know, first world problems, but this could easily be implemented with a software update.

Cheers,

Jdawgjax

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 19 rebel with the manual A.C. controls, I have found that if i put the temp selector for the A.C system to heat and leave it there before turning off the truck, when i use the auto start on the colder mornings to heat up the truck, the heated steering wheel and heated seats come on EVERY time. Might be a work around for the temp. thing. My theory is that since the heat is on in the truck, it tricks the comp. into thinking it is cold enough to use the heated seats and steering wheel. Might just be in my head but who knows??...

Hope this helps.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 19 rebel with the manual A.C. controls, I have found that if i put the temp selector for the A.C system to heat and leave it there before turning off the truck, when i use the auto start on the colder mornings to heat up the truck, the heated steering wheel and heated seats come on EVERY time. Might be a work around for the temp. thing. My theory is that since the heat is on in the truck, it tricks the comp. into thinking it is cold enough to use the heated seats and steering wheel. Might just be in my head but who knows??...

Hope this helps.
That has been configurable via settings in UConnect.
From user’s manual:

Remote Start Comfort Systems — If Equipped
When Remote Start is activated, the heated steering wheel
and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on
in cold weather. In warm weather, the driver vented seat
feature will automatically turn on when the remote start is
activated. These features will stay on through the duration
of Remote Start or until the ignition switch is placed in the
ON/RUN mode.

Same with ventilated seats. I think the temps are 40 or below for heated seats, and 80 or above for ventilated.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread