5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlights looks cloudy.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
Does the headlights on your truck look cloudy? 20180802_205859.jpg 20180802_205904.jpg

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't see anything really wrong there, but maybe I'm not noticing what you're talking about. The exterior plastic lens in your picture just looks dirty, possibly from hard water spots - have you tried cleaning it? If that's somehow on the inside, obviously that isn't right and you could probably get them replaced. If you're talking about the actual projector lens, they have fresnel lenses to soften the output cutoff lines, so they won't be perfectly clear. If your light output is fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
I don't see anything really wrong there, but maybe I'm not noticing what you're talking about. The exterior plastic lens in your picture just looks dirty, possibly from hard water spots - have you tried cleaning it? If that's somehow on the inside, obviously that isn't right and you could probably get them replaced. If you're talking about the actual projector lens, they have fresnel lenses to soften the output cutoff lines, so they won't be perfectly clear. If your light output is fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
It's definitely on the inside. I will see what the dealership says about it, when I take my truck in next week. Thanks.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My headlights fog up in winter on my 16'... sometimes on cool mornings in summer.... thought that would be corrected on the 19's. Hope it's an isolated thing. They offered to replace mine, never got around to it before the trade.

glennf14

Reaction score
It's definitely on the inside. I will see what the dealership says about it, when I take my truck in next week. Thanks.
If that gunky wet stuff is on the inside of the headlight, then i would definitely have the dealer take a look. Of course they can't be perfect and spotless, but yours look fairly gunky on the inside.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My headlights look the same. I didn't think it was right either but I feel it is something that RAM will say is normal

Users who are viewing this thread