5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Adjustment

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have success aiming their own headlights after lift or level?

Or is this a dealer only thing with the new LED's?

Last edited:

jamesfg

Reaction score
Hold please, let me get a hold of my buddy who is a bodyman at a collision center. I need to find out too cos I'm going to be blinding folks here real quick.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jamesfg, Great information and pictures!
RBRK, Good reminder.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was that pic looking down or up? And sadly I didn't create a height benchmark before I leveled my truck. Good'ole eyeball will have to do!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I had to adjust my one truck after I lifted it, I went to the dealership and measured twice as a comparison. That truck had a six inch lift and after it wasn’t too far off the mark.

Cajunhemi

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the limited LED’s? I see the set screw and read that counterclockwise will adjust down. Since day one my drivers side light is aimed higher then passenger side and it doesn’t react to turning the screw and I have turned quite a bit. Thanks

19 streak

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the limited LED’s? I see the set screw and read that counterclockwise will adjust down. Since day one my drivers side light is aimed higher then passenger side and it doesn’t react to turning the screw and I have turned quite a bit. Thanks

My driverside headlight has been pointed higher then the passenger side from factory as well

RBRK

Reaction score
It’s hard to get it to turn with a Phillips I use a thin flat blade that only goes In one slot not both like a Phillips. I tried number one and two Phillips neither fit well. Try a small flat blade and I’m sure it will adjust.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, to me it looked like an allen/hex head, but my small phillips turned it with no problem... both headlights adjusted properly. So those that can't adjust might have something else wrong.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I gotta say as much of a pita it is to log in here, I sincerely enjoy all you guys here. Theres no trolling, stupid questions or answers and you get a general vibe everyone is here to truly help each member out. I try to do the same and provide some positive input.

barakutha

Reaction score
First night driving after the level/tires, realized I’m that a-hole lol.. in the limited it's white.. I used a 7/32 hex

50688853950cee44a4e471ed51081f41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gozar

Reaction score
Is the adjustment the same for the traditional headlights? I have the Bighorn without LEDs.

clazer

Reaction score
I used a big flatbit that fit really well in the hex. I think ram did a great job- you can basically use anything with a handle.

Users who are viewing this thread