5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone with 3.6L have rear the window leak?

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious, has anyone with the 3.6 have the rear window leak/crack? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if it has something to do with flexing from the higher-powered Hemi engines on the poorly designed frame and/or adhesive. I realize the 3.6's are a small percentage of the trucks sold, but if no one with the 3.6 has had an issue then it may have something to do with it. I considered doing a poll on the different configurations, but that's beyond my abilities. I have not had any probems, but my son's window on his 2020 Hemi was been replaced last fall.

Last edited:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm curious, has anyone with the 3.6 have the rear window leak/crack? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if it has something to do with flexing from the higher-powered Hemi engines on the poorly designed frame and/or adhesive. I realize the 3.6's are a small percentage of the trucks sold, but if no one with the 3.6 has had an issue then it may have something to do with it. I considered doing a poll on the different configurations, but that's beyond my abilities.

I really doubt engine choice has much to do with it. Chevy's also have the cracked frame problem.

dbark

Reaction score
My '21, I've recently notice water on/in the rear of the headliner after a lot of rain (we had 1.5 inches Sunday afternoon), it isn't noticeable with a normal amount of rain. I don't see any cracks in the frame. I did take the third brake light off shortly after I got it to change bulbs. I have new weather-stripping that was recommended on one of the threads here, I plan on replacing that this afternoon before we get more rain this weekend. It was only $10 for more than I'll ever need, if it works that's worth not taking a trip to the dealer for me.

Reaction score
My 2019 V6 had the leak and the whole window was replaced. The leak was discovered because the water dripped down the inside of the window and shorted out the radio hub for the key fob. I could get into the truck but it wouldn't turn on or do anything. It took the dealer 3 weeks to figure it out.

U

User_3336

I concur. I doubt engine choice would have anything to do with the rear window leak/crack......since it is a KNOWN issue/defect/flat.

dbark

Reaction score
I resealed my third brake light and it continued to leak, dropped it off with the dealer this morning and they are replacing the rear window. I never saw any cracks in the frame but they say that's where the leak is.

dbark

Reaction score
The clowns actually made it worse by replacing the window, taking it back in after work today.

Users who are viewing this thread