5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Anyone used the Peragon Retractable Aluminum Bed Cover?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I can't believe a search for Peragon comes up with nothing.

Comparing it to other covers on functionality, ease of install, and price it appears to be the best option.

It consists of folding panels, but the panels only fold near the cab. It has the functionality of a revolver while being quickly removable and costing $1000. It has the option to be painted body color. It is just clever.

My complaint is that it doesn't work with the RamBox. It uses a little ramp to raise the slats when extending that are to the side of the bed. The RamBox doesn't have any room for them.

There are so many tonneau cover threads and so many manufacturers, has anyone used or considered the Peragon?

full_FAED6FF4-E5CB-47FD-A1BE-E3EF9B4D4335[1].jpeg

[img width="300" ]https://5thgenrams.com/community/at...5cb-47fd-a1be-e3ef9b4d4335-1-jpeg.33240[/img]

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
I have it. I got the quick clamp option so I didn't have to drill holes. I have an ivory tri coat limited, and got their arctic white cover. The color match is almost perfect, and definitely recommend the $300 savings over paint match if you too have an ivory truck.

I agree with all reviews you see in regards to company reputation, build quality, ease of operation, installation, etc. I won't say it's better than any other cover because cost and function are such contested issues. I liked the cost, and was intrigued by it's unique design and operation, so I went with Paragon to be different. I've had every other type of cover on previous trucks and was mostly interested in trying something new this go around. No regrets, and am happy.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I love mine. I really wanted a hard aluminum lockable paint matched cover that I could completely remove in a half a minute by myself, and folded up to nothing when needed. Nothing else but the Peragon one fit those higher requirements. Even paint matched it came in about half the time Peragon estimated and it matches perfectly.

The panels are much thicker than I thought they would be - its very solid. Everyone that looks at it has to rap knuckles on the panels and remark how thick and solid it is.

Their sales model might also have some affect on how many folks opt for them since its all factory direct. Installation is not all that hard but it is more involved than plopping a tri-fold on which takes about 3 minutes. The Peragon takes an hour or so unless you are really slow like me. Mine has the SS clamps and hardware and I fiddled around on a sunny afternoon putting mine on and enjoying the process.

Those that have them seem to like them a lot. Those that don't have them find something negative about that they didn't like the way they matched their needs. I might have a hard fiberglass paint-matched cover if I didn't have the Peragon. I doubt I would have a tri-fold since I wanted paint matched but the Lomax seems to be the nicest of the tri-folds.

Search the forum and you'll find pictures and more info from prior posts.

djwdjw

Reaction score

Lslblues

Reaction score
I’ve read the tend to leak at the seams. Please let us know if you experience that.

Sts

Reaction score
I was researching truck bed covers for about 3mths before I pulled the trigger on Peragon. basically looking for something with the following criteria 1) easy to remove, 2) paint to match, 3) lockable... A.R.E. Fusion tri-folds cover also has similar criteria, but the last fold, folds upward (blocks view from rear window).. Peragon, with it’s 6-folds unique design folds down into truck bed. For me, 6-folds might be easier to handle removing / reinstalling than the tri-folds. I finally pulled the trigger when they offer their Platinum package ($200 ) for free.

Carlb

Reaction score
I had one on my previous Sierra, and loved it with 2 minor cons:
I am slightly altitude challenged (short) and the cover is stiff to open. I had a hard time getting enough down leverage to get it started opening. The second issue is if something is in the front of the bed you can't open the cover, it hits whatever is there. That means if stuff slides to the front you may have to crawl under the cover and grab it since you may not be able to open the cover.

Otherwise I loved it. Fairly weathertight, very solid and quiet at highway speeds, no rattle at all. Truck bed was more like a big trunk with cover and bedrug, and I rarely opened the cover, so these were not big negatives in my case. I understand that with more opening/closing it loosened up so maybe not long term negatives.

Last edited:

Sts

Reaction score
Yeah, Others have had similar issue with cargo sliding underneath, but putting a cargo lock bar in front of fold down area was a solution.

Trones

Reaction score
Living in Texas, I had to keep a pair of gloves in the truck so that I could open the cover in the summer. This was the standard black non-matched color and parked in the sun on 100+ degree days, it would remove fingerprints. Also had to put a load stop bar in the bed to keep things from sliding under the folding section like others had said. Also, I ended up tying the pull strap to one of the D-rings in the bed so I could always reach it from the tailgate to close the cover. It was a little annoying to work around it when its tied up, but less than having to climb into the bed to get the strap. I had this cover for about 3 years and when I went to my next truck, I went with the UnderCover Ultra Flex.

rockerdan

Reaction score
Can someone measure the distance UNDER the fully open Peragon for me? I tend to keep some long items at times(Lumber or my Brake) and would like to know how tall the items can be and still allow for the cover to be opened without hitting the items.

thanks gang
Dan

djwdjw

Reaction score
Living in Texas, I had to keep a pair of gloves in the truck so that I could open the cover in the summer. This was the standard black non-matched color and parked in the sun on 100+ degree days, it would remove fingerprints.

Exactly why I didn't go for black in Tx, it would be an oven back there. The ivory tricolor match barely gets warm to the touch.

I'd never have a black vehicle, or cover here.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Exactly why I didn't go for black in Tx, it would be an oven back there. The ivory tricolor match barely gets warm to the touch.

I'd never have a black vehicle, or cover here.

Slightly off-topic, how do you like the indigo/frost interior? Are there anywhere problems? Has there been any discoloration in the bumpers with the ivory pearl paint? Some have reported pigment layer flaking on the indigo/frost interior and discoloration of the bumper on white Ram 1500s.

HemingwaysFish

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know I am reviving an old thread, but do any of you use caps/toppers with it? I'm wondering if the Peragon hardware prevents use of a topper? Interchangeable? I'd like to be able to use my topper for camping trips, etc. But utilize Peragon most of the year. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200419_171629.jpg
    IMG_20200419_171629.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200419_171658__01.jpg
    IMG_20200419_171658__01.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 48

jstizz

Reaction score
I have it. I got the quick clamp option so I didn't have to drill holes. I have an ivory tri coat limited, and got their arctic white cover. The color match is almost perfect, and definitely recommend the $300 savings over paint match if you too have an ivory truck.

I agree with all reviews you see in regards to company reputation, build quality, ease of operation, installation, etc. I won't say it's better than any other cover because cost and function are such contested issues. I liked the cost, and was intrigued by it's unique design and operation, so I went with Paragon to be different. I've had every other type of cover on previous trucks and was mostly interested in trying something new this go around. No regrets, and am happy.
Hi Ranger - I have an Ivory Ram 1500 as well. Peragon is telling me there is a noticeable difference in color from the Ivory paint and the artic white cover. Since I don't have one its hard to compare - would you mind sending a picture of yours on?

JCR1500

Reaction score
I installed one on my wife's 2014 and ordered one for my 2020..never had any issues and great customer service.

Hdub1

Reaction score
I’ve read the tend to leak at the seams. Please let us know if you experience that.
I have driven in rain with this cover and everything was soaked under it. Had to buy tarps to cover items on bed.

Users who are viewing this thread